Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did Hauntworld stop answering questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did Hauntworld stop answering questions?

When did this site stop answering questions that people asked? When I first was a member here, you could ask a question and someone would give actually give a response. It used to feel like a nice networking site here. When did that go out the door? Is it just a matter of a lot of people don't get on here anymore or very few people take the time to answer stuff? Do people only come here to see the photos people upload? That Allan H guy is one of the only people that seems to answer things.
    Jared Layman

Many questions still get answered here, I think we have just stabalized members for a while and many of them know the answers to the basic questions, also wenowhave a trove of info and we can simply post a link to where their question was answered before.
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

It happened about 5 or so years ago when all the experienced Haunters stopped coming around anymore. It used to be great now people look elsewhere to exchange info and ideas.

DA

Comment

My God Dark Angel you are a genius! thats it.
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I read, watch, listen and search a lot more than I ever post. As I am not a "pro" yet, I don't feel comfortable posting a lot. With that said, I have found Hauntworld extremely helpful. Allen, Shane, Larry, and many others couldn't be more generous with their time and knowledge. I wonder how the heck everyone finds the time to share so much information. I for one am grateful for everyone's participation on this site.

Even when I do not agree with some things that are posted, I always appreciate the variety of perspectives.

Thanks,

John Cowan

Comment

Originally posted by southernhaunter View Post
            Allen, Shane, Larry, and many others couldn't be more generous with their time and knowledge. I wonder how the heck everyone finds the time to share so much information.
            I'm glad you have found Larry generous. My last two interactions with Larry have just involved him severly insulting my wife to me and embarrassing me in front of my partners.
            Jared Layman

Comment

Originally posted by mindtumor View Post
              I'm glad you have found Larry generous. My last two interactions with Larry have just involved him severly insulting my wife to me and embarrassing me in front of my partners.
              I don't know what happened between you and Larry. I certainly don't have a dog in that fight. No one likes to be insulted and / or embarrassed, most especially in front of family and friends.

I only posted after reading Allen's post. I wanted to be sure I expressed my thanks for everyone's time. I have only met Larry once. My interaction with him was pleasant. I have read a lot of his posts over the years. Some times I agree with his prospective and sometimes I don't. I use the information I find helpful on this site and discard the rest. I am appreciative of all the information - even that which I discard.

I certainly intended no offense to you or anyone else.

Comment

For the record I would just like to say...I dont answer shit...
                Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by southernhaunter View Post
                  I don't know what happened between you and Larry. I certainly don't have a dog in that fight. No one likes to be insulted and / or embarrassed, most especially in front of family and friends.

I only posted after reading Allen's post. I wanted to be sure I expressed my thanks for everyone's time. I have only met Larry once. My interaction with him was pleasant. I have read a lot of his posts over the years. Some times I agree with his prospective and sometimes I don't. I use the information I find helpful on this site and discard the rest. I am appreciative of all the information - even that which I discard.

I certainly intended no offense to you or anyone else.
                  It's fine I didn't take offense to you, there isn't a fight to have a dog in anyway, its just the way it is. The thread's intent isn't about that individual anyway. It's a more of commentary on stimulating conversation and questions being answered on this board as of the last few years. I guess those questions are basic though so the thread has already been answered.
                  Jared Layman

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
                    My God Dark Angel you are a genius! thats it.
                    Well I'm no Allen Hopps but I like to think you're right!

DA

Comment

Jared I am not here to defend Larry but I have asked a question of him in the past and not got a response too. But I did ask again and he did give me a answer. So I think that when it is busy like before TW and the haunt season it is difficult for him to keep track of the conversations going on here. Larry has all was answered his phone when I call and has always answered any questions that I may have. I am not close with Larry and am not here to state that he is perfect, but some times I miss things too. I went and looked for your question and did not see it. Could you ask it again please so I can catch up. I will be honest that sometimes the questions that get asked are answered by the first person and I do not post a reply.

Phatman
                      Phatman

Comment

People have lives outside of this website and if they don't get to answering your question then so be it. Does that answer anyone's question?
                        Spooky Wishes
                        Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Couple things... don't know where you posted a question but I try to answer all questions. I have posted on here many many many times and said I don't check the email box here nor do I check facebook email box either. I get about 150 emails a day and there is where I focus my time. I get on the forums every single day and check them out. I dont' see every post... so I do miss some.

My email is darkrides@sbcglobal.net send me an email I answer ALL emails!

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President
                          www.HalloweenProductions.com
                          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by austind View Post
                            Jared I am not here to defend Larry but I have asked a question of him in the past and not got a response too. But I did ask again and he did give me a answer. So I think that when it is busy like before TW and the haunt season it is difficult for him to keep track of the conversations going on here. Larry has all was answered his phone when I call and has always answered any questions that I may have. I am not close with Larry and am not here to state that he is perfect, but some times I miss things too. I went and looked for your question and did not see it. Could you ask it again please so I can catch up. I will be honest that sometimes the questions that get asked are answered by the first person and I do not post a reply.

Phatman
                            You don't need to defend him, because he wasn't mentioned in the first post. The only time he was mentioned in this post you wouldn't be able to defend him for that even if you wanted to. Its not about him. Hopp's answered the question anyway so its a dead topic at this point.
                            Jared Layman

Comment

Jared

What is your question I try to answer all questions when I see them!

Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President
                              www.HalloweenProductions.com
                              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
                              X