Playing With Mirrors Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing With Mirrors Question

I have a question regarding mirrors. Let me pain this picture for you first. The endless hallway uses a regular mirror and a 2-way mirror. What kind of effect would occur if I take the 2-way mirror and bend it into a tube and take the regular mirror and make it a larger tube. Then slip the two inside each other via endless tube (?) and then be able to walk people trough these two tubes? Could a endless vortex tunnel be in our future?

~ Food for thought.
    RIP

~The Imagineer~

Andrew de Ruiter

Download part 1 of Andrew's Black Book of ideas for haunts here:
    http://www.epubbud.com/book.php?g=EGQDK8HZ

Good idea, but it sounds like a nightmare financially. Custom mirrors, redesign of the spinning mechanism, added safety for those that fall off the bridge, headaches to deal with. Plus it may take away the effects a regular vortex tunnel has.

Comment

playing with mirrors question

The mirrors, would be expensive I agree. However, there are alternatives to mirrors for instance polished aluminium.The two-way mirrors can be made out of film and placed on thin sheets of plexiglass. When it comes to the spinning motors and redesigning of the vortex, we need to keep in mind that spinning tunnel made of a mirror wont look to be spinning at all when your inside it. At most, since the mirror is concave it will appear to make images 3D and even more likely distorted. But it will not cause reflections to rotate, so there would be no need for a motor to spin it.
      If we wanted to recreate the vortex using mirrors (which I don't advise) the inner tunnel would need to move and not spin. For instance the back would need to move toward one side of the outer mirror while the front would move toward the opposite side. Even moving a mirror tunnel slowly would cause your reflection to move from back of the tube to the front quickly. Not too scary but sounds trippy.

I sure wish someone would gather up a model and share the results here.
      RIP

~The Imagineer~

Andrew de Ruiter

Download part 1 of Andrew's Black Book of ideas for haunts here:
      http://www.epubbud.com/book.php?g=EGQDK8HZ

Comment

I visited a Ripley's museum Tenn. that seemed to be really long, but in fact it was only about 12 or 16 feet. They had mirrors at either end that made it appear to be a lot longer that it really was, but not endless...
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
        X