As Real as it gets blood paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As Real as it gets blood paint

Hello can anyone tell us who makes the as real as it gets blood paint . We would like to try all three vendors bloood paint
    Pale nites halloween production and as real as it gets thanks

As real as it gets?

Who makes the as real as it gets paint I've never heard of that before.

Thanks,

Jake

Comment

I have not seen Halloween Productions blood.
      So, I can't judge that.

But i have used both fright props and Pale night perma blood. Both are great products that go a long way and look great.
      AND trust both company's product.
      Kevin R. Alvey
      info at gore-galore.com
      www.gore-galore.com
      www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
      www.youtube.com/goregalore13
      www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Haven't heard of As Real As It Gets, but we've just started rolling out our own brand of blood paint this month here. Its called Formula13, and the primary goal in creating it was to provide haunters with different shades AND textures of scenic paints (we're going to go beyond slime and grime too).

When we do anything for a film project, no matter what the budget, if theres blood involved we usually need at least 3 shades with us, and each in varying consistencies... so I just thought there MIGHT possibly be a market for those kinds of subtle differences in texture and color.

So far I have Blood and Scab available, the blood is designed to flow well and provide an excellent splatter (we even made it a little stringy so you can get fine trails of blood without flinging it everywhere) goes on very bright red but dries to a very realistic deep glossy blood red, and the scab is thick, fiber-filled, and DARK. Scab was designed to get the crusty, drying/aged-but-glossy, textured little globby bits without having to lay on paint in thick sections (less paint used = cheaper to do!)

The next shade being released is UV blood, yep... UV blood. Why its not been done yet, i have no clue... but we're doing it, and we're doing it right.

Sorry to make it such a long post about a seemingly simple product, but its brand new here, and you were looking! lol
        -Mat

Comment

Nightscream Studios makes it.

-Tyler
          http://www.hauntdesignkit.com
          >Download free Google SketchUp collections made just for haunt owners and designers.

Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/HauntDesignKit

Comment

Go with palenight, nightscream way way to high

stew

Comment

wow

Hey Thanks so much for all the responses to this thread
              And for everyones insight .Thats what i love about these forums Haunters helping haunters so cool .

Comment

If you watched our gore video we are selling now... which btw you can get at www.hauntedhousesupplies.com you'll see us using the blood paint all throughout the video. It works great! Everything in the Darkness was covered in it... I can tell you this we have it priced very cheap.

Our blood paint is great... I haven't seen the paint used by Nightscream or Fright Props so I wouldn't know anything about that.

You can order the paint same place www.hauntedhousesupplies.com

We sold tons of it already but our focus isn't selling blood paint but rather helping people detail their haunted houses.

Good luck no matter what you use!

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President
                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Our Perma-Blood has been an industry staple for years and is used by countless haunts and amusement parks in the U.S. and abroad. It has also been used in film and television productions like "Zombieland" and "The Walking Dead". We're very proud of the paint and our customers come back for more year after year.

This year we also introduced Perma-Gore which is made from the same base and dye as Perma-Blood, but has been heavily thickened and has several texture elements added to give you stringy, clumpy, chunky textures in a thick paste product perfect for those meatier applications. Since Perma-Gore and Perma-Blood dry to the same color, they go great together! We'll have the Perma-Gore on the website soon...

As for the other products...

Larry's blood is advertised as UV stabilized and outdoor ready. It is true that our paint does not always hold up well in the elements and may "brown" over time when exposed to intense sunlight.

Rodney (Nightscream) has a two-part blood that is extremely durable, but is a bit harder to work with given that it must be mixed before it is applied.

They all have their pros and cons. We, of course, love ours the best but by all means try a bit of each to see what best fits your application!
                  Kip Polley
                  www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
                  We Engineer Fear

Comment

We have used blood from Pale Night and its good and does the job. For us however we do so much detail work it just made more sense to make our own. We make our own paints, to you name it... we do so many different and unique things to detail things. The guys who work for us just love getting nasty and dirty... its amazing how dirty they get! LOL We are not making the paint to get rich just to help the customers we have detail their haunts. We are not that aggressive in our approach to sell the stuff. But if someone wants it its available. Otherwise you have lots of options to choose from!

How main focus what with we sell on www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com is to help you detail your attraction which is what we cover mostly in our DVD series.

All of our new dvd's btw are online ready to be shipped to a mailbox near you!

I haven't heard any reviews of the DVD's can someone tell me what you thought??? They take a lot of work to make them because you have to shoot a little here and there as you get things done. Overall the detail 4 took a month to film...

So let us know what you think of the DVD's.

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President
                    www.HalloweenProductions.com
                    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Blood paint

NightScreams blood is not a standard paint mix.
                      And yes it's a bit higher on price.
                      It's a 2 part style epoxy mixture.
                      It stays looking wet! Can be used indoors or out doors.
                      It's won't wash off or away.
                      And perfect for actor cloths, most paint when you wash turns lighter in color, a pinkish color.
                      Not this product, it stays blood red.
                      But yes a bit more in cost.
                      100.00 for a 1/2 gallon kit
                      Also available in a toxic uv green
                      And in our farting fatty puke color.

I've heard nothing but good things with pal nights blood.

Comment

Here is my horrific secret for blood paint. A teaspoon or two of Wicked Blood Pigment Powder from FX Warehouse in a gallon of gloss base paint that you can get at your local paint store.
                        http://www.fxwarehouse.info/mm5/merc...ory_Code=Blood
                        This stuff is very potent. 4oz will get you several gallons of blood paint.
                        Please do not tell anyone this secret or I shall be put to death!
                        sigpic
                        Louis Brown
                        Owner, operator, and dish washer
                        at
                        DarkWood Manor

Comment

Working...
                        X