3D Haunt - Blue/Red Color Change Concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D Haunt - Blue/Red Color Change Concept

I have an idea that I'm not sure has been tried before. I didn't find anything in the search.

In a 3D haunt, I'd like to have one or several faces, or some other symbol, spear, blade, ect. cutout and backlit in a blue light. Then when a patron walks up, it is switched over to a red light. My theory is that it would almost be like an animatronic (visually) jumping off the wall. Has this been done? Any thoughts?

Imnot as versedin the red/blue 3D, but it should be easy to test on a computer screen small scale. I think both the blue and red lights need to be on at the same time.
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I believe you need the prop to move from the blue to the red... thats how I think I saw it.

Comment

More Info

Here's more of the thought to try to clarify. It not about a prop moving under colored lighting.
        This is all on the side of a wall. Think of a shape cutout with white plexi and a light box behind it.
        A blue light on one side, a red light on the other or maybe two strands of rope light around the edges.
        Just flip a switch and have the color immediately change over from blue to red, "jumping" out at them.

Thanks for the feedback so far!

Comment

Since I owned a 3D haunt for many years, I will put in my 2 cents.

Just having a blue light or red light isn't going to make the prop look/act 3D (or have a vision of varying distance to seem it is standing out)
          For the most effective 3D action, it needs to be the prop painted flourescent and lit up with UV lighting.
          The pigments in the paint is what makes the difference when used with blacklights.
          Colored lights won't get near the effect I think your looking for.
          Tom
          Creator of the Dungeon
          WWW.BRICKTOWNAMUSEMENT.COM

Comment

Tom,

This is what I was looking for! Thank you!

It is the UV PAINT, not just the general colors of blue or red, for the better 3D effect.

So then, what do you think about this? You have a blue image painted on the wall with
            the UV reacting with the blcklight as in normal 3D. The picture is on a sidways sliding panel
            with the same image painted in red UV paint. Quickly slide over from B to R. (Or use a type of drop
            panel for the transition, blue drops and exposes red, maybe much faster)

More likely to work for the effect I'm thinking?

Comment

Now THAT should work. A moving panel with the flourescent blue image on it to slide down or across to expose the flourescent red would get the results I think your looking for.
              When the drop panels goes down or across, have it slide behind the wall so the blue painting is hiding behind it.
              Last edited by Tom; 03-26-2013, 11:15 AM.
              Tom
              Creator of the Dungeon

Comment

And I should add, going side by side or up and down shouldn't matter if the slide panel is sliding behind the wall.
                Tom
                Creator of the Dungeon

Comment

3D painting

Looks like you might have the answer to your question. If you're interested in learning more about 3D painting, Stuart Smith of Stuartism Designs will be teaching a full day workshop on 3D painting during the Midwest Haunters Convention on Friday, June 7. The class is from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm with the morning session on the theory behind 3D painting and the rest of the day is a hands-on workshop where everyone will create a design (to take home) with his coaching. This class is for experienced airbrush artist. More info at www.MidwestShow.com

Kelly Collins
                  The Midwest Haunters Convention

Comment

Originally posted by Spikerip View Post
                    Looks like you might have the answer to your question. If you're interested in learning more about 3D painting, Stuart Smith of Stuartism Designs will be teaching a full day workshop on 3D painting during the Midwest Haunters Convention on Friday, June 7. The class is from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm with the morning session on the theory behind 3D painting and the rest of the day is a hands-on workshop where everyone will create a design (to take home) with his coaching. This class is for experienced airbrush artist. More info at www.MidwestShow.com

Kelly Collins
                    The Midwest Haunters Convention
                    Kelly,
                    I purchased all my 3D panels from Stuart years ago. IMHO he is the best 3D airbrush painter out there. And one of the nicest guys to visit with.
                    Tom
                    Creator of the Dungeon

Comment

Did it in 2003 in Michigan, actually worked well. Allen is right about being able to manipulate artwork for optimal effect on computer. It is not the standard industry 3d but is novel.

Scaren Karen

Comment

Working...
                      X