Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First commercially available animatronic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gore Galore in 1999 and 2000

Here are 5 pictures from the early days.
    I dug these out last summer just for old times sake so this is the perfect time to share.

1. Transworld 1999
    2. transworld 2000 showing a new corpse called "Blubbo" and "Zang the Destroyer". Our NEW 15' back pack rod puppet. And again, we only had 1 booth.
    3. our second full size animation "Dizzy Lizzy". Yeah, it is a dead ballerina. Her body spins while her head stays stationary. pulley driven heavy duty gear motor.
    4. A version of one of the torture Boxes we called the "Ralph bucket"
    5. Nefarious from Stage Fright Studios and Cranky doing battle in 1999

So much fun!
    And how things have changed.
    Attached Files
    Kevin R. Alvey
    info at gore-galore.com
    www.gore-galore.com
    www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
    www.youtube.com/goregalore13
    www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Hahaha,
      here are more flashbacks for me.

1. A picture of me assembling Wraiths. I am not sure of the year but I think early 2001 or maybe 2002. The "Wraith" was the first giant Costume. Inspired by the creatures in "Time Bandits".
      2. "Lestercution". I think this was our first full size animation. Actually, Dizzy Lizzy was the first because I built the first one many years earlier for the Civitan haunted house. But then reinvented it for our product line.
      3. "Mummy's Crypt" our first FULL size air powered animation. The first air powered prop we had was a torture box called "Hammer head Box" which was a severed head getting smashed with a hammer over and over.
      4.ALL our Back Pack rod puppets getting ready to perform at a Chicago halloween event we were hired to entertain. I think 2001.
      5. This one is pretty funny. I was walking around in a Dragon warrior costume and this mother just hands her baby to me so she could take a picture. LOL. that was pretty trust worthy.

Thanks for letting me share!
      And more importantly!
      thanks for supporting our company and helping us grow. Without you the buyer, We are nothing!!!!!!!
      Attached Files
      Kevin R. Alvey
      info at gore-galore.com
      www.gore-galore.com
      www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
      www.youtube.com/goregalore13
      www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
        When you talk about how far people have come... I remember my first booth at TW I was selling a video I weighed about 160 pounds. LOL

Since then we've built about 15 dark rides including Spiderman, Garfield the Cat, Ghostwood Estates, and many others, we've done projects all over the World, worked on iconic brands like James Bond, Incredible Hulk, to you name it. I never in a million years could have imagined doing all of that... I never imagined we'd be featured on so many TV shows, and have built and supplies more people in this industry than any other company when you factor in videos, magazines and everything else. We've sold products to over 30,000 customers. This I would have never imagined. I have to admit being inspired by the first TW show I visited, Spookyworld was another... I've had the privilege to watch this industry grow and grow big.

Larry
        I remember meeting Larry when he was the new kid on the block at Transworld who said................. "I'm going to make it big in this business". And the rest is history. That was when we were all still making it up as we went along.

And I remember the first Gore Galore booth as well.................... and a lot of other booths that are no longer with us.

Comment

I love those old photos... we need MORE! Who have all left us can anyone dig out some names? I can think of a few Elm Street obviously, Cinema Secrets really because they use to be almost nothing but haunted houses and now they are totally something else. There use to be like 5 to 8 companies selling whole haunts and they all went out of business. We need photos of the first 10 years. Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Even Universal Studios had a booth one year during the shows heyday. It was a few rows down from Denley's Boneyard Productions. That was a trip.

Comment

Heres pics of Stage Fright Studios Quagmire. A very cool piece. It had a very creepy soundtrack.
              My first Transworld show was 1995. I'll look through my photos and start posting.
              Attached Files

Comment

Dan is very correct. Eric Princz of Creative Design and Engineering was the first to make talking skeletons and special effects (this was waaay before CGI). His Magic Mirror effect was very cool. I still have Mirror and I know Larry had one in his Darkness attraction a while back.
                Attached Files

Comment

Stage Fright Studios.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Stage fright promo card
                    Attached Files

Comment

VP Productions
                      Attached Files

Comment

I always thought John D's Boneyard Production's Dracula figure in coffin pulling the stake out was very cool. Even to this day.

Comment

Eric made all that stuff... John was just like the salesman for everything. Wow you really found some great photos there... I had most of those animations made by Eric. All great and I wish I still had them. Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President
                          www.HalloweenProductions.com
                          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I still have my casket vampire (hence my screen name). I still recall the first time I saw it at Transworld back in '95 I was so blown away.

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                              Eric made all that stuff... John was just like the salesman for everything. Wow you really found some great photos there... I had most of those animations made by Eric. All great and I wish I still had them. Larry
                              Larry. I have lots of pics from Transworld during 90's.

Comment

Eric's site

Www.creativedesignonline.com

Comment

Working...
                                X