No announcement yet.

New revised logo. Thoughts please.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New revised logo. Thoughts please.....

Here is a revised version of our logo. Our original one was very clipart. We wanted to punch it up, creep it out a bit more. I would love to have your thoughts and comments. We will keep this logo for years to come so we want to gather as many opinions as possible. This work was done by Chad with Sinister Visions. He does awesome work for sure.
    Attached Files
    http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Very nice Sue!

I like it alot. The only thing im not sure on is the moon. I would of had it more white and maybe some more visible craters. To me with the yellow and as large at it is it looks more like a large sun coming up. Dont take this the wrong way. Just my opinon. But it does look good!
    Damon
    www.frightmasters.weebly.com
    Damon Carson

Comment

The moon is messed up to low ..it runs the G and makes it look not circular.

Comment

I kinda like it it has a classic vibe to it.

DA

Comment

DA I agree.

Comment

hmm

You asked and all we can say is not Chads best work by any means .
            I mean it looks like he googled haunted house on the internet and puh pow
            Went with the first image that popped up .but again sue if you like it thats all that counts be happy in the choices you have made

Comment

The highlight on haunted manors frame plate is a bit hot and muddies the haunted manor a bit, but I love that it dosent look like brainstorm did it. I like it.
              Is there a black and white version that looks good.
              Allen H
              www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
              http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
                The highlight on haunted manors frame plate is a bit hot and muddies the haunted manor a bit, but I love that it dosent look like brainstorm did it. I like it.
                Is there a black and white version that looks good.
                Allen H
                If Brainstorm did it it would've been perfect right from the start they by far are the best!
                I like this logo though because its simple and clean.

Jake

Comment

Jake,
                  I think they are good. I also think their stuff looks very similar- kinda like AC/DC or ZZtopp songs-very good, but also very similar. For a while to many haunts all had that look, and while its a great look it had nothing to do with the haunt. The characters were not seen in the haunt and the haunts did not live up to the logo in style or look. If everyone is driving a Ferarri then what is special about it?
                  Just my observation.
                  Allen H
                  www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Allen I see your points but I haven't really noticed people using BS for character logos much anymore and they are mainly using actual logos and they look great. Nothing wrong with having a great logo that might be better than the haunt that's marketing 101 check out the movies as long as its professional and gets someone to buy a ticket it's worth it. And as for Ferraris, like a good BS logo there can never be too many!!

Jake

Comment

The logo looks very retro to me. I like retro, but the kids might not?
                      Haunt: DARK REALMS

Day job: Game Composer/Sound Designer

My "geek rock" band: Legendary nOObs

Comment

To be clear, I handle Sue's site, as well as all print media, and I pushed hard for a re-work of the logo.

This is the original logo:
                        ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364648609.936125.jpg

And this is Chad's rework for a very affordable price:
                        ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364648667.019014.jpg

We just can't afford a 1500 dollar rework right now by Doug. And while I like Doug's work, I also realize that Chad does some great stuff.

This is not a new design by Chad. He was given very explicit instructions by Sue. She wants this same design and layout, simple creeped up for an affordable price.

I like the logo compared to what she had, and eventually we may re-brand entirely. But since this is season 3, people in the area are starting to recognize the logo, and we wanted it distinctly similar with a bit of a more realistic feel.

So rather than cutting on Chad or his work, realize that Sue wants to keep the original layout and logo with an updated feel.

Thanks for the CONSTRUCTIVE (Allen, DA, etc) criticism from those of you who were actually CONSTRUCTIVE.

Keegan
                        Last edited by NightmareAftershockLLC; 03-30-2013, 07:10 AM. Reason: Poor word usage ;)

Comment

NOW IT ALL MAKES SENSE. From a design stand point, when comparing the two logos together there are some very specific points that can be made within the parameters of the design. The original has a better balance of elements than the new one. The bats that fill the left hand space work better on Chad's while the bat's on the right hand side of the original make a bolder statement. The original house with its forced perspective works better with the arc of GREYSTONE. The treatment and actual elements Chad has created are more striking than the original "clip art" style of the original. Also the moon on the original stops at the top of the lettering on both sides. In Chads it continues on the right which tends to make the moon appear slightly oblong. Chad's renders, colors and mist overlay are fine as well as the type face. A combination of the old logo layout and Chads elements would be the way to go if you are still developing this.
                          Last edited by robert; 03-30-2013, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Thank you everyone for the input. This is really tough. As Keegan mentioned I want to keep the feel of the original logo. This is our third year and people are starting to recognize us. Our jackets, the haunt truck and several other items have that original logo. I do agree though with the larger bats. Maybe make them a bit smaller and darker. Good point about the house perspective I will mention that to Chad. Again this is not Chads original idea it is a rework. Thanks again everyone!!

Sue
                            http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

When you say $1500 for a rework, is that a rework for the logo or a new website? If it's $1500 for a logo then that 's really high.
                              Spooky Wishes
                              Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Working...
                              X