Brian Wolfe Silent Auction at HauntCon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Wolfe Silent Auction at HauntCon

I know many of you are aware of this already, but we're continuing the fund raising for Brian Wolfe...this one will be a silent auction at HauntCon. The booth at Transworld was intended to be merely donations-but at HauntCon we'll have all kinds of goodies to bid on.

We've gotten commitments from Ghoulish Gallery, DarkLight, Brain Chow, Bloody Mary, EFX-TEK, Hauntworld, Distortions, Vortex Fog Chillers, Froggy's Fog and Stiltbeast Studios just to name a few.

PLEASE consider sending something to help Brian fight for his life. Tickets to your event...a unique prop or mask...whatever you can. I need to get these in hand by April 15th so I can catalog, post, and get things set up for the tables. Bidding will go on from the time the doors open until 10pm the night of the ball.

email me at desautell@gmail.com for more information or where to send the items.

Thank you!!

Kathryn DeSautell
    Mistress DeSade
    Kathryn DeSautell
    Lafitte's Landing, Dark Shadows Entertainment

I'd like to help out. I had Cancer a few years back. Stage 4 docs caught it in time.

Larry Carr
    Abracadaver
    abracadaverprops@yahoo.com

Comment

Brian Wolfe Silent Auction

Please consider donating to this very worthy person and cause.

Scaren Karen

Comment

Big Thanks so far to:

Froggy's Fog

Darklight Precision Lighting (HUGE donation...Thank you Quan!!!!)

EFX-TEK

Distortions Unlimited

Brainchow Studios

13th Street Morgue/Dundgeon of Doom

The Murder Mystery Company

Vortex Fog Chillers

Hauntworld Magazine

Bloody Mary (Bobbie Weiner)

The Ghoulish Gallery

We're going to have some GREAT items to auction off and I'm not ashamed to beg for more.

If my last name was Trump-I'd pay ALL his bills and make sure his family never had to worry about money. It's not-so this is what I CAN do.

PLEASE...PLEASE...if you have items we can donate (or you can make a direct contribution to Brian at http://www.gofundme.com/tg9l0.)

He's only at 14% of their goal. Guys...Brian has NO insurance and a wife and young child.

Here are some of the statistics on pancreatic cancer:

1. It is the 4th leading cause of cancer deaths. It has almost NO fundraising groups behind it (unlike Komen, etc)

2. Only 3%...read that again...3% live past the "5 year" threshold.

Brian has had some serious side effects with his latest (and seemingly last) type of chemo. In spite of all this....he smiles/he goes out with his brother and tries to work whenever he's not in the hospital.

I can tell you personally...that even when I had excellent insurance...I still spent 250,000 in "non-covered" expenses to fight my battle. It wiped me out financially-but EVERY single dollar donated helped me pay a light bill..or keep groceries in the house.

Miracles DO happen. Please...Please ...OMG please.

If you have a few (or a lot) of dollars...share. If you have a cool mask or prop or tickets to your show or a connection for gift card or WHATEVER...please help this friend of the haunt community.

I'm hoping that all items donated be about $100...but I will devote my time/energy to any and all donations!

Sorry for the long post...thank you again for all those who respond.

Kathryn
        Kathryn DeSautell

Comment

More Generous Donations!!!

Another HUGE THANK YOU today!!

Abracadaver - Larry Carr -THREE zombie heads!!!

The Haunt House-6 VIP Passes (Thank you Bart!)

Zombie Manor-2 VIP Passes (Thank you Dean & Crew!)

Jeff Wekenkel

I appreciate all of you so very much!!

Kathryn
          Kathryn DeSautell

Comment

Something you won't find on any shelf....

HUGE THANKS to Cydney Neil, who's sending a bit of history to help the Brian Wolfe auction!

Some Rocky Point Haunted House items...autographed by Cydney herself will be included in this once in a lifetime opportunity to OWN a piece of haunted house history!!!

Can't Wait!!
            Kathryn DeSautell

Comment

Another donation!!!!

Ok...this is sort of like having a conversation with myself...but that's ok. I want everyone to know how giving and wonderful our haunt community can be!

Special thanks to MOXLEY MANOR (yay Richard!) who has donated 4 VIP Passes for the silent auction!!!!

SOOO happy to see the generosity pouring out. Believe me, I KNOW times are hard economically, so these are even more precious. THANK YOU!!

Keep them coming
              Kathryn DeSautell

Comment

Yay!!!

How AWESOME!!! Thank you all so much for your extreme generosity!!! We are hoping to raise a lot of money for Brian Wolfe with this Silent Auction.

Comment

Just got an update from Zombie Manor.....They are donating 4 PAIRS of Fast Passes to the Auction for Brian!!!!!!!! (Thank you, thank you, thank you Dean!)!!!!!!

Want to put a little plug in for one of the donors I wasn't previously familiar with. Jeff Wehenkel sent me 4 AMAZING sculpted bottle stoppers (one of which I'm really hoping to win the bid on!)...then I looked at his web page. Holy Cow!!

http://ghastlycreations.weebly.com/mask-gallery.html
                  Kathryn DeSautell

Comment

I know this isn't HAuNTcon related, but we will be selling the purple wristbands that were at Transworld (thank you for sending them to me Karen) at the Canadian Haunted Attractions Conference this weekend. Everyone that buys a wristband or donates will be entered into a drawing for this really cool photo print, courtesy of Laura Dark. (photo is about 20x24)

So for anyone coming to CHAC, come by the Big Scary Show's booth and support Brian...

537777_592811124063875_567108575_n.jpg
                    http://www.bigscaryshow.com
                    http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
                      I know this isn't HAuNTcon related, but we will be selling the purple wristbands that were at Transworld (thank you for sending them to me Karen) at the Canadian Haunted Attractions Conference this weekend. Everyone that buys a wristband or donates will be entered into a drawing for this really cool photo print, courtesy of Laura Dark. (photo is about 20x24)

So for anyone coming to CHAC, come by the Big Scary Show's booth and support Brian...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16104[/ATTACH]

That's Fabulous!!

Speaking of Fabulous I got this email today:

I would like to make 2 donations. First my haunt prop company Dimensions of Darkness will donate a $1000 off coupon for the purchase of a Rollin/ tilting bridge combo. Second, my haunt Terrortown in Toledo Ohio will donate 4 VIP passes and 2 t shirts. HUGE thank you to Mark Roberts...and this is the first haunt out of Texas to contribute tickets to their show...We could start a trend (hint hint)...

Another big Thank you to Karl Berger from NT Productions who is donating 2 Eric Pigors prints from his "Toxictoons" collections!!! I can't WAIT to see these!!!
                      Kathryn DeSautell

Comment

Wow...had to do a search to pull this thread up (even though only 5 days since I last posted)... Not sure if we just have a lot of noobs who don't know the Wolfe brothers...or it just doesn't matter. Still does to me.

I just received Ed Edmunds personally painted "alien" prop for the Brian Wolfe fight for life auction.

Any one who has watched Ed's show with Distortions "Monster Makers" will know this is a piece of ART!!!!!

Dang, I might be broke myself after this auction!!!
                        Kathryn DeSautell

Comment

Rocky Point Collector's Donation-Thank YOU Cydney Neil!!!!!!!!!

THEY CAME today!!!! I'm holding in my hot little hands...2 COMPLETE SETS...13 years of Rocky Point Haunted House SIGNED posters!!!!! Guys, this is truly haunt history memorabilia. These are not framed...but would make an AWESOME collection for a haunt owner, a collector or simply a fan of Rocky Point!!.

....so.....I've decided to make these auctions available to those who cannot make it to texas! These are easily worth $250 per set...but #1...WHEN might you ever get a chance to bid on an autographed collection of one of the greatest haunts ever built....and #2 EVERY SINGLE penny goes directly to another Haunt Industry Icon-Brian Wolfe in his fight for life.

So...I'll allow bidding via text to my cell....214-747-2837. Bidding on any item over $150 value will need to be to me by 9:45pm on Saturday, April 27th. Non-local bidders will need to settle up with me either with paypal or a credit/debit card (along with where to send it to, etc). I'll try to get these arranged and photographed and up on one of my facebook sites and here. Bidding will open this Thursday the 25th!!

I also have 4 uber cool "Harley Haunt" posters to bid on (they are identical)...and I'm just so jazzed by these...I gotta go get some photos going!!!!

Kathryn
                          Kathryn DeSautell

Comment

Like we did at CHAC, the Big Scary Show will be selling purple wristbands to help Brian Wolfe at NHC. Anyone who buys a wristband will be entered into a drawing for a prize that we will reveal very soon. Hopefully anyone attending NHC will come by the booth and help support Brian.
                            http://www.bigscaryshow.com
                            http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Huge Thank you!!

Sorry to be so late with this (I've just been TIRED last couple weeks)...but wanted to give a BIG TEXAS THANK YOU to everyone who donated, helped, bought stuff to raise money for Brian Wolfe at HauntCon.

Not sure what the attendance was at HauntCon...but raised just over $5,100 that has gone to Brian-along with cards, a book of well-wishes, notes and lots of love!

Linda & Russel Paul were the STARS...Their raffle alone raised $1700 of that five grand! What a joy working with them!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

I swear I do have thank you notes (sitting on my desk) I HOPE to get out before I die....just need to get some vitamins!

Anyway-just wanted to let everyone know how it turned out....Thank you to our gracious host/hostess Leonard & Jeanne, John, Karen...Next support opportunity (If I have the order correct)...is West Coast Haunters...then MHC...and Eddie McLaurin is doing a non haunt event. You all rock!!
                              Kathryn DeSautell

Comment

Working...
                              X