CGI at the next level..pretty cool.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CGI at the next level..pretty cool.

A few years from us but getting spooky..
    http://mashable.com/2013/03/28/activision-uncanny/

When it can be in mid air and not on a screen....that will be the next level for me. The teeth on this guy is pretty bad...I think....

Stew

Comment

Yeah..looks like they didnt do the mouth area yet..

Comment

They got the hard part right though, the eyes and expression I thought it was amazing.

DA

Comment

Oh its definately the best I have seen thus far. However, I dont get it. I can just film someone and there I go.....2 min vs. 100's of hours to make it.

Not sure...

Stew

Comment

Animatronic...givining CGI a Run for its money.............

Just saying.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=r_WXotDNr-E

Stew

Comment

Originally posted by Darksidestew View Post
              Awesome, but even more inspiring was the other video of the same. It's a wearable costume and not just an armature.

Could someone please make this available for the haunt industry?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen
              How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

Makes you wonder if we'll be able to use video or photographic evidence in court in 50 years, once we're able to create completely photo-realistic simulations of anything.
                Haunt: DARK REALMS

Day job: Game Composer/Sound Designer

My "geek rock" band: Legendary nOObs

Comment

Originally posted by zombietoxin View Post
                  Awesome, but even more inspiring was the other video of the same. It's a wearable costume and not just an armature.

Could someone please make this available for the haunt industry?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen

I have 3 or 4 of those servo driven heads that attach to a mask.. Even though cool not meant to last. The biggest servo I have seen used was in the studio of animal makers.. Still just shooting a few days... So beyond price you would have issues with durability when you add harsh motion.

Comment

Personally, I think CGI imagery in haunt videos is a bit counterproductive and that actors in make up and costumes in these kinds of videos are much more effective and believable. Next CGI level or not.

Comment

Post video is CGI.......2nd and 3rd videos are not CGI's...that was the point....
                      Stew

Comment

Originally posted by tonguesandwich View Post
                        I have 3 or 4 of those servo driven heads that attach to a mask.. Even though cool not meant to last. The biggest servo I have seen used was in the studio of animal makers.. Still just shooting a few days... So beyond price you would have issues with durability when you add harsh motion.

You are correct of course, but where there is a will (and a buck) there is a way. Even if the facial control was "dumbed down" by half it would still blow the current offerings away and be one of those ooh-ahhh moments for any guest.
                        How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

Working...
                        X