Paper Plate Walls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paper Plate Walls

Normally I post in the technical haunt area in this forum but today I figure this would benefit home haunters more. I was walking through my local grocery store when I came across these square plates.

paper-plates-1.jpg

The plates are fairly large and once flipped over, taped together, they could make a great facade.

paper-plates-3.jpg

They might also be used for set builds.

paper-plates-4.jpg

These are an inexpensive addition to make a light-weight, great looking walls and props.
    RIP

~The Imagineer~

Andrew de Ruiter

Download part 1 of Andrew's Black Book of ideas for haunts here:
    http://www.epubbud.com/book.php?g=EGQDK8HZ

That's pretty cool.

Comment

Great idea . I have been hitting the dollar stores trying to find paper plates with squared edges . I will post some photos if I use your idea . Thanks for the excellent suggestion .

Comment

Paper Plate Walls

Tonight I found another nice addition to the paper plate wall. McDonald's has those cardboard cup holders that are amazing in large numbers. If you had 6 of these and glued them to a wall you could have a great looking industrial/space ship look.

20131217_170917.jpg20131217_170929.jpg
        RIP

~The Imagineer~

Andrew de Ruiter

Download part 1 of Andrew's Black Book of ideas for haunts here:
        http://www.epubbud.com/book.php?g=EGQDK8HZ

Comment

My Find!

Originally posted by imagineer View Post
          Tonight I found another nice addition to the paper plate wall. McDonald's has those cardboard cup holders that are amazing in large numbers. If you had 6 of these and glued them to a wall you could have a great looking industrial/space ship look.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17599[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17600[/ATTACH]
          I was in that right place at the right time, an auction . They went very cheap, nobody else saw any potential in these masonite sheets cut odd sizes , that had all these geometric patterns cut into them about 1/4 inch deep?

They had been under an automatic cutter/router? as a machine cut plastic bug shields from sheets of plastic. After they had cut a certain number out they would place a new sheet of the wooden stuff under the blades to keep the blades from prob. hitting the metal table?
          They look like the inside of a space ship or some computer/machine/thing?
          I painted the "circuits" various colors. The sheet of masonite is very heavy and not like OSB at all, very small grianed , tight,solid.
          I seem to be about the only person in this part of the world who can "See" things like this and their potentual, which does keep the price usually lower for Jim! hahahah!
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Nice ideas for cheap supplies.

Comment

These are cool ideas!

If you're going to put these all over the walls, you might consider spraying some fire retardant on them. All this stuff is highly flammable. Actually, I don't even know if fire retardant would work on the plates, as I don't think they can absorb moisture.
              Haunt: DARK REALMS

Day job: Game Composer/Sound Designer

My "geek rock" band: Legendary nOObs

Comment

Working...
              X