Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evil Dead... Okay so is it or isn't it???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evil Dead... Okay so is it or isn't it???

They are billing this movie as the scariest movie of all time... so lets discuss this movie. Who has already seen the thing, and who's going to see it on Friday and what do you think. This movie could impact some haunts this coming year scene wise, scare wise, if its truly the scariest movie ever made.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

I havent yet but!

Im really looking to see it in the next day or so! I dont know about scariest movie ever! But it has the possibilities of it! Remember as we all know they didnt have the budget to make it the scariest when they first made the original. And you probably know Sam Raimi, Rob Tappert, and Bruce Campbell are all involved in this 100%! This is there baby! Im really looking forward to it and hope it goes way beyond the hype!
    Damon
    www.frightmasters.weebly.com
    Damon Carson

Comment

The visual of the witch pushing up and taunting from beneath the chained trap door has EXCELLENT creep-factor!

Thinking about a heavy wooden crate type version in our little girl room... oh hell, who am I kidding- I'm doing it!

Looking forward to seeing it- loved loved loved the original!
      How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

I'm excited about it! Anything to get people off the zombie craze for a minute!

DA

Comment

I doubt it'll be the scariest ever they all pretty much make that claim and fail
          Miserably but still it looks like a good movie!

DA

Comment

As a fan of the original, I, of course, must watch the remake. I just hope it is as good as I want it to be.

Comment

I'm really excited to see this! 4 years ago, The very first thing I was ever hired to sculpt was a fake tongue for a film scene very similar to the tongue part of the red band Evil Dead trailer. (our tongue blood drowning scene also involved the woman being possessed, only she bit her own tongue off in our scene and in the evil dead scene she cuts her tongue in half... other than that i was kinda caught off guard by the whole premise appearing in a mainstream flick 4 years after we filmed it lol) That gag alone has me all excited to see the movie though.
              -Mat

Comment

I'm seeing it in just 2 hours. I'll let you all know what I thought when I get home!
                Kip Polley
                www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
                We Engineer Fear

Comment

Saw it...

Question: Is it as good as the original (EVIL DEAD II)

Answer: NO!

Q: Is it any good at all?

A: Yes its okay. Its a ten times better attempt than the last Texas Chainsaw. But it loses its charm because it has no real comedy to it, they clearly try to be a hardcore horror movie. The movie is almost like hey I've already seen this before even though you tried to make changes with very OBVIOUS change ups. Meaning we saw that coming a 100 miles away... by not having the comedy element I think it wasn't Evil Dead.

Q: Was it the scariest movie of all time?

A: NO NO WAY! I didn't jump once. I didn't really hear many people in the crowd jumping either. So NO WAY not even close... yes they tried to be more realistic than the originals, and they had some slick make up, cooler special fx, that kind of goes without saying. I'm sure some people will get scared watching it but I think its more of a nightmare movie. What I mean by that is all the people who turn into demons look like real demons and they could haunt the right people later.

Q: Was it a good movie for haunters to see?

A: Yes it was many creepy little sets, cool gross stuff happening, awesome make up, blah, blah!

Q: Is there a scene after the movie is over?

A: Yes and no. No there isn't... but yes there is. So if you want stick around and watch until after the credits are over. You might be disappointed you did but on the other hand you won't miss anything if you don't. Now you are probably really scratching your head. huh?

Q: Should this movie get a sequel?

A: Yes and No! If the new ash is the person they play it out to be the answer is EVIL DEAD NO WAY! If someone how they write this up where Ash comes along HELL YA! All I can say is this in closing BRING ASH BACK PERIOD!

They talked many years ago about Ash vs. Freddy vs. Jason and when it didn't happen, they did a Comic Book. Ash is a cult icon and Evil Dead without Ash to me anyway just isn't Evil Dead. Bring back Ash or then this movie was just that another attempt to re-launch a long lost horror franchise from the 80's. Lastly I would say that yes this is probably the best attempt yet to re-invent an old 80's horror franchise but without the main character that made the movies ICONIC at least for me it just doesn't work! Call the movie anything else other than EVIL DEAD and I would have liked it much more!

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

Larry the plans are as follows

A Sequel to this movie (So Evil Dead 2)
                    Sequel to Army of Darkness
                    then bring BOTH Heros to join forces in Evil dead 7
                    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Bruce Campbell is the franchise.

Comment

He was the franchise 25-30 years ago at his age he'd look silly as Ash.

DA

Comment

No way he still would play ash perfect... without Bruce this thing in my eyes just doesn't work! Bring back Bruce!

Larry

GROOVY BABY
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun. Ash kicks ass.

Comment

Evil Dead made 11 million Friday. It should do about 26 million for the weekend. So who else saw this thing... what did you think? Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

Working...
                              X