Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evil Dead... Okay so is it or isn't it???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larry

If you watch and wait till the credits are over you see Bruce Campbell, Its not a spoiler but he just looks at the camera and says Groovy in his Ash shirt
    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Loved It -

Saw it Saturday with my daughter - We loved it. I thought it was a great re-imagining , loved that that didn't try to remake the original yet still found ways to toss in little nods to it. I've seen complaints and they have mostly been from people bitching about how it wasn't Evil Dead...well it's not, and if you went into the film to enjoy it as a horror fan then you would have liked it...but if you spent the whole movie trying to compare it, and pick it apart then no your not going to enjoy it.

It had some great "cringe" moments - no real "jump" moments that stood out but definitely some good spots that make cringe....kinda like when you see someone papercut the webbing between their toes....

All in all a great horror movie with all practical effects and no cgi....loved it!

Comment

I didn't really like it. I thought it was pretty weak for a horror film. I really could care less about any character, so it really didn't evoke any emotion when they died. I didn't think anyone of the actors stood out as great.

Comment

Originally posted by remyghost View Post
          I didn't really like it. I thought it was pretty weak for a horror film. I really could care less about any character, so it really didn't evoke any emotion when they died. I didn't think anyone of the actors stood out as great.
          I don't think many horror movie short of Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs is known for having good actors. I mean, they put LL Cool J, Busta Rymes, Snoop Dogg, and Paris Hilton in horror flicks.

Jake

Comment

Latched onto a name

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
            Evil Dead made 11 million Friday. It should do about 26 million for the weekend. So who else saw this thing... what did you think? Larry
            I saw Evil Dead on opening night with a packed house. This is a good horror movie in my opinion. The Evil Dead tie just distracts from the movie. It is NOTHING like the Evil Dead movies i have seen, which are amazing in terms of imagination and ridiculous scenarios. I am surprised that Raimi and Bruce Campbell got behind this. It is a re-imagining of the story, not the actual Evil Dead movie. Maybe they really don't want anyone attempting to recreate the magic. you will miss the trademark camera work and sounds that are Raimi trademarks. He is still using them as of the latest Oz movie.

There's no way to forget about the Evil Dead movies while watching it because they make a point to pay homage repeatedly. I will still say if you compare it to other horror movies of today it stands out as a non-CGI masterpiece of inventive gore. Prepare to be disgusted a little.

Big problem with the realism related to "perfectly white teeth". Won't spoil anything, but geez, who missed that in the makeup room.

Ed Z - Evil Dead 2 fanatic

Comment

Its okay

The wife and I were disappointed only because the "scare" factor was non-existent. A lot of gore, and really cool effects and makeup, but no "scares." Alien did a much better job of keeping you on the edge of your seat so I give that a higher rating for scares than other movies. But a good movie still - glad we saw it and we did come away with a few ideas for this season. I would love to get a mask of the demonized girl!
              Travis "Big T" Russell
              President
              Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Although I love the original Evil Dead

I can say I enjoyed this modernized amped up version of Evil Dead! It had elements of both Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2 in it. Which I thought was cool! And some actual things from the original movie was in it. Like Sam Raimi's car was in the back of the cabin. The original clock was shown. This wasn't meant to have comedy. Its patterned more like Evil Dead! Its not called Evil Dead 2 so scrap all the comedy. That was put in the second one to tone down the horror! I mean hell Sam went to court over the tree rape scene over seas! We all know this! Don't we? I liked some of the new things added! They really "NAILED IT"! And the main girl was really the standout! She was a pretty good actress. She would be the "Ash" character only maybe more like Within the woods "Ash" since she plays both sides of the coin. I would have to give great credit to Fede Alvarez on his work! There were parts that make you jump! There are parts that make you feel uneasy and unnerved! There were great sound effects as in the original. There were camera shots that gave nod to Sam's original work in the original Evil Dead! If your an Evil Dead fan you have to go see it! And although I did read Bruce is at the very end I was expecting a lot more. But at least it shows maybe he will be in one of the other remakes! Cant wait!
                Damon
                www.frightmasters.weebly.com
                Damon Carson

Comment

Loved the original. We did this sculpt years ago but the product was put on hold. Think glowing eyes would make it better.

Regards
                  Jeff Londos
                  Monster-Tronics
                  Innovators in Haunt Technologies
                  See What's Spawning In The Monster-Labs at:
                  www.Monster-Tronics.com
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYFWm4BNmc
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Monster-Tronics; 04-23-2013, 04:32 PM.
                  Regards,
                  Jeff Londos
                  Monster-Tronics
                  Innovators in Haunt Technologies
                  www.Monster-Tronics.com
                  Proud Member of the Halloween and Haunt Vendor Association
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYFWm4BNmc

Comment

Working...
                  X