Credit cards or cash only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit cards or cash only?

Any of you guys still accept cash only? Or are you taking credit cards as well?

What're your thoughts on cash only (other than the tax "benefits")

Thanks in advance!!!

-Keegan

Also, anyone have an ATM on site and let the consumer pay the 2-3 dollar fee?

Comment

As far as credit cards go, Yes, accept credit cards. It help with up selling everything. If they are short on cash and want a t-shirt or food or even multiple tickets. I will warn you though to make sure you don't take orders over the phone that way or accept CC from someone other than the person who's name is on the card. Make sure you always get a signature and check I. D.. I have been screwed with people denying charges bas on those examples. Even though I fought it, they won and I got raped out of several hundred dollars one year. I have never done less than $4k in CC sales but have done more than 10 grand in the past as well. However, If you are not going legit and plan on not paying taxes on you haunt like unfortunately so many haunts do, then obviously don't take credit cards. It does get reported and you will have to claim it.

As far as ATM I have never done it because my location has several ATM's within walking distance so I can't help with that question.

Hope this help somewhat!
      1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

cheap advertisement.....

we took cash, credit, barter and trade......im serious i never let anyone walk away because of money......i worked to damn hard on my haunt not to shun anyone away, i looked at it this way they where cheap advertisement for me :mrgreen:

Comment

Barter or trade? Can you elaborate on that please? I know haunts trade tickets with each other...but with customers?
          Dr. Saw @ Terrorplex

Comment

Always take the CC! In this day and age, can you really afford not to? Especially since they now have all those newfangled phone gadgets to let people accept CCs anywhere, there's no reason anyone can't do it. Frankly, I don't even carry cash 90% of the time anymore, I assume other young people are the same way!

Or maybe I'm just weird :P lol

YES ELLABORATE ON THE BARTER inquiring minds want to know lol

Comment

Barter and Trade

we have traded tickets to dominos, mcdonalds, taco bell for food for the cast win -dixie for ice and water all kinds of stuff you sell them on give them out to your top workers ....and most of the time all of those people usually come with a paying customer ..........barter....well that would go along with people coming up and saying "dude this would look awesome in your haunt how much you give me for it .....always pay in tickets ...our local scrap yard loves to take our tickets for there junk ....i use them as if they where face value and for me $15 each........i always was under the thought that if people see a crowd they will stop and see whats going on 8)

Comment

Sure we accept credit cards, ONLINE! We have ATM's for on site.

Allan

Comment

We accept cash, credit cards, and have atm's on site. I want to make sure no one leaves because of lack of cash. If they have to go find an ATM, they may find something else to do on the way.
                  Brian Warner
                  Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
                  Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
                  Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

What is the cheapest those of you who accept credit cards could find for processing? 2.75% seems very cheap, however... Idk if I'd find cheaper unless I was pushing 15-20k people through a month all using CC's?

Comment

2.75% is the cheapest I have seen.
                      Dr. Saw @ Terrorplex

Comment

I know paypals card reader is 2.7 if you use it on a smart phone out tablet.
                        Kyle Guillette
                        Dysfunctional Concepts-Haunted Alaskan Motel

Comment

Pay the 2.75%

We started accepting CC last year using Squared. Works great, and its the cheapest rate I have found. Keep in mind when you start looking at CCs, unless you are using someone like SquaredUp, there are merchant fees. Years ago I had a CC machine, and it cost me a minimum of $35 per month just to own the machine, even when I wasn't taking credit cards! Merchant accounts are way too expensive. Pay the 2.75% - its worth it. We also sell tickets online. Smartest thing I ever did! People buy the tickets days in advance, and then they have cash in their pockets to buy a shirt or two!
                          Travis "Big T" Russell
                          President
                          Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

We do both and I'd say now our credit cards and online ticketing is now the mass majority of our business. Cash ticket purchases are very low now its mostly credit card and cash. Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President
                            www.HalloweenProductions.com
                            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
                            X