President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Nooooo!

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
    Who charges money to park? How much do you charge? Larry
    I always resented being charged for parking when I am already paying for an event. In my opinion it is a gouge and nothing more. It's like a hidden service fee. Figure out some better way to raise revenue.

Comment

Larry the two largest haunt up here close to me do. One has no parking of their own so the lots around it are pay only and I think The Realm of Darkness does. $5 I think.
      Phatman

Comment

Dont start Charging.....

To park at the Darkness. I know you do at Creepy World. But please dont at the Darkness. If thats what this post is about.
        Thanks,
        Damon
        www.frightmasters.weebly.com
        Damon Carson

Comment

Larry,

We have a LARGE parking lot on our property, like you we are the sole tenants of the location.

What we are doing this year is setting up our ticket station at the entrance of our parking lot, so as cars come in we are having them stop, pay for admission per person, and we are wording it as PARKING INCLUDED, even tho we aren't necessarilly charging for parking. But since we are having roaming characters in the parking lot, we want to A) prevent scaring away people before they pay, and B) make sure EVERYONE who comes onto our property not only pays but understands that there are ZERO refunds once they pull in. Hopefully this will help protect our ticket sales......because we had a major problem of our roaming actors having a bit too much fun with people in the parking lot, which gave great reviews but cost us a TON of sales....maybe installing a similar system you won't need to charge for parking Larry....

(Ps, sorry if that sounded a bit all over, I'm in a public health lecture and the professor is an attention nazi so I wasntreally 100% while writing this lol.....)

Comment

I would never charge for parking, I think it puts a bad taste in your patrons mouth.

Comment

Parking

Scary you are right on!
              How many people go to the movies and have to pay for parking. I think you bettter have a great parking area and a huge following to charge for parking.. Also if you charge you also assume all the liability for their vehicles.

Comment

Slain,

Where? Not in CT! Every freaking parking garage in the city makes it very clear that no vehicle damage, theft of vehicle, or theft of property from vehicle is their liability, and that the owner of the vehicle assumes all risk in parking there, no matter HOW much they charge, if some idiot hits your car on the way out, or steals your GPS out of it, the garage/lot is NOT responsible.

Comment

The haunts in my area do not charge for parking. If they did, I would be less likely to frequent them.
                  Haunt: DARK REALMS

Day job: Game Composer/Sound Designer

My "geek rock" band: Legendary nOObs

Comment

I think the big big big difference is this ... when you have a screampark type of attraction and the parking is in a field you have to hire an ARMY of parking lot people to manage the lot otherwise people park everywhere and its chaos. If you are in some closed down walmart with paved parking no problem.

So more or less I'm asking who might be in the same boat where you have hire an army of parking people... do you charge and how much.

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President
                    www.HalloweenProductions.com
                    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I know when I visited Spookywoods and Woods of Terror in NC they both charged to park there I think it was $5 per car.

DA

Comment

All the amusement parks charge why not haunts?

Jake

Comment

parking laws

Just look at the law.. They can put up all the signs they want. They are still liable. Ask any attorney that deals with those type suits. If you charge you are liable. If it is free only then can you put up signs that you are parking at your own risk. We still cover our lots with insurance just to be safe.
                          Get your money for your show not parking that is stupid...

Originally posted by screamforadream View Post
                          Slain,

Where? Not in CT! Every freaking parking garage in the city makes it very clear that no vehicle damage, theft of vehicle, or theft of property from vehicle is their liability, and that the owner of the vehicle assumes all risk in parking there, no matter HOW much they charge, if some idiot hits your car on the way out, or steals your GPS out of it, the garage/lot is NOT responsible.

Comment

I wouldn't say it's stupid. If you can get the money get it. Most people come in groups anyway this might encourage more of that.

Jake

Comment

Charging for parking... bad idea.

Charging for parking, particularly in this economy, is a bad idea and just adds another reason for people to skip your attraction. Theme parks get away with it because they offer a full day and night of fun for under a hundred bucks and they are a destination that many people plan vacations around. Haunts not so much. A haunted house provides maybe 30+ minutes for $15 to 25. Any haunt that charged me for parking, I would skip on principle alone.

Just cause you can get it, don't mean you should do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X