No announcement yet.

Parking Lot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could not have said it myself better sawdust.

Comment

Not here...

We have a 12 year old sod parking lot that we installed drainage tile under several years ago so rains do not cause problem. Basically 4 rows of cars that are very close to 200 yards long. Have 4 parking lot attendants that I pay $10 an hour and do not charge for parking.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

We park in a field that is 4 acres and we have 5 to 8 attendants depending on the night. On busy nights they earn their money. I just don't think charging to park is a good idea. Paying parking attendants is a cost of doing business. If you don't charge your costumers $10.00 to park they may spend $20.00 at your concessions!

Comment

Unfortunately we are at the mercy of our landlords. They own the park where our attraction is and they recently decided to charge for parking. Its just $5 per car and so far our sales have not suffered from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Slain View Post
            Scary you are right on!
            ... Also if you charge you also assume all the liability for their vehicles.
            << That's strange. We DON'T charge for parking, but we also don't tell people WHERE or HOW to park in our lot. I was told once we tell people WHERE to park their cars then we're liable. Our lot is unmarked asphalt between our building and the warehouse next door. Common sense usually tells people where to park and I haven't had any issues. We have MORE of an issue of people parking at the Bingo hall across the street. That guy HATES us and has come over prior to the season and specifically told us he'd have patrons towed...so long story short, charging for parking is cheap to me so we don't do it. I hate being nickeled and dimed everywhere I go. I even hate paying for parking at an amusement park...they KNOW we have no other choices, so to me that's a slap in the face.

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
            I know when I visited Spookywoods and Woods of Terror in NC they both charged to park there I think it was $5 per car.

DA
            Went to Spookywoods last year and didn't have to pay...that's weird. Maybe they only charge on busy nights?? But I DO know they redid their lot last year and it was ATROCIOUS the first weekend when we went. We literally were made to park ridiculously close to the cars next to us and since we were one of the first ones there that night, the rows that filled in behind us were too close to back out. It took a LOT of near-miss attempts to back out (especially in an SUV). I'm sure they cleared it up later in the season, but damn that first weekend.
            O'Shawn McClendon
            Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

Yes they definitely charged for parking. It was around the middle of October when we went.

http://www.spookywoods.com/spookywoods-tickets.htm

DA
              Last edited by Darkangel; 04-10-2013, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Another haunted house near me moved to a new location with no parking. They had to use a lot down the street and charged $5 per car. I know that when they started that, customers were pissed. We would hear it every night from them. It got so bad for her that she started discounting the $5 parking fee off the price of her ticket to keep people happy.

I always hate when I go to any event and have to pay extra to park. So, do all of you! I would not do it unless the cost of the parking lot attendants are breaking the bank. Especially an established haunt that never charged before all of a sudden, out of the blue, starts charging to park. I think the customers will just think that this is another attempt to rape them out of their hard earned money!

Just my 2 cents!
                1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

We started charging for parking 20 years ago ...
                  Back then it was one dollar
                  now we charge three dollars
                  We have 40 acres of parking and many side show attractions like bands, flesh pulls, fire acts, bad trip in 3d, tailgating, etc etc ..many will camp
                  soo besides the haunt we regularly have people that come to be part of all the excitement ...
                  u can't beat the deal and I have never heard of a complaint..

generally will have cars lined up for a half mile or so waiting for the gates to open at 6 pm...
                  three hours before the show begins...

if not for the parking crew it would be total chaos..
                  and adds to the total revenue
                  in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
                  www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

Bring in the local gang!

We are inside a large campground, with a large field for parking. Last year, the local fire department was supposed to provide parking attendants, and provide a food concession where they kept 100% of the proceeds (donations for the parking and whatever they got from food). They didnt show up. I had to provide my own parking attendants, which worked out fine. This year I am going to bring in a local organization (biker club) that does a lot of community stuff and pay them a donation to park cars, and let them sell food. Helps them out, helps me out with logistics, and because they show up in their gear, adds to the ambiance of the haunt!
                    Travis "Big T" Russell
                    President
                    Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Working...
                    X