• HIDE YOUR DISMEMBERMENT TOOLS... Holy Cow Read this

http://www.waff.com/story/21934119/w...ed-house-props
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

So... did he just go to work with a bloody hacksaw and ask his boss if it looked real enough to use? I'm assuming he just dumped it off somewhere in the haunt that he thought it wouldn't be noticed, but even then you have to wonder if the thought never crossed his mind that the boss would be tearing down, inventorying, and storing EVERYTHING there... The article says this guy has a "bad boy" rep... do they really mean to say "town dumbass" rep? The crime itself is appalling but then you have to think... this is who the first-response accomplice called for help... he's the back-up's back-up. HOLY CRAP its a chain of stupid. A murderous chain of stupid.
    -Mat

Comment

You know this is Shane's old haunted house... Shane did you know these people? Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

Acouple of things

Larry, Yes this is shanes old Haunt..Arx Mortis, before anyone gets outta hand and starts yelling here is the direct response from Arx Mortis and Vinny

It’s time to set the record straight. There are a lot of rumors circulating right now about a prop from our attraction being used in a local crime. The fact is, NO PROP from Arx Mortis Haunted Attraction was used as a murder weapon. A garden tool belonging to an accomplice, was hidden by him on our property – it was never at ANY time used as a prop. The Muscle Shoals police department notified us in 2011 that an item of interest may be on our property. With our permission, the police came, searched, and found the garden tool hidden on the Arx Mortis property. Just to be clear, the props we use and approve at Arx Mortis are FAKE. They are made of foam, rubber, plastic or some other light weight material in order to ensure the safety of our customers and actors. This is a case of media sensationalism trying to draw the attention away from a murderer and placing the attention on the more interesting character. This is not new news – this crime occurred over a year and a half ago and Matthew Fox has already pleaded guilty and been sentenced for his role as an accomplice in helping to cover up a murder. Our thoughts and prayers remain with the victim’s family.
        Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Here is an article that explains it better... http://hauntedearthghostvideos.blogs...ted-house.html

It appears they worked at the haunted house and after cutting up this body they took the tools and hid them in the haunted house.

These guys are disturbed. Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

Thats exactly what I thought happened... which is still one of those "worlds dumbest criminals" moves, and because of EXACTLY what was said by the haunt about their props. The props they, and 99.99% of all haunters use, are FAKE, and theres an inventory of what is supposed to be there and when a garden tool shows up covered in real blood, which would not only look visibly way different, it would have also probably stunk to all god high heaven, clearly the haunt owner is gonna be like... um... hey, yea thats not ours...take it and them off my property and payroll and off to court/prison. So back to my first response, this is the first-responder accomplices backup accomplice trying to save the day with a genius move. Giant chain of stupid people, doing ridiculously horrid things and thinking they're bad asses for it. Thank god they were all damn near brain dead, it made them easy to catch.
            -Mat

Comment

Alright, let me give you a first-hand account on the situation.

Many of you may know that I work at Arx Mortis as a Makeup Artist, Actor, and as a construction crew member. This prop was stashed away in a room with several other (FAKE) instruments of this type. It was way off (Hidden) from everywhere else, so whenever pre-opening inspection occurred, it was out of sight and undetected. We had no idea it was there, and it probably would have stayed that way until we decided to change the room a year later. Had it not been for the Florence Police Department, who came and confiscated the tool, we would have had no idea what it was, or where it came from. This guy had problems, and honestly creeped the most of us out (and we thought WE were creepy.) Regardless, its messed up, there are bad apples, and they tend to ruin the bunch. He is being brought to justice along with the others involved. The news story about how the props "Came from Arx Mortis" was simply a case of bad press.
              Owner & Host - Flatline Radio
              "Keeping our fingers on the absent pulse of the Haunt Industry."
              sigpic
              flatlineradio.podomatic.com

Comment

I know first hand about how the press says everything ass backwards. I don't trust anything they say... they are in such a rush to get stories they hardly if ever do their homework and love to make things more sensational.

I hear you brother!

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

Oh i completely hear ya about the bad press. This was an opportunity for them to turn a sensational story into more of a shock scandal by making people automatically assume there were real dismemberment tools being waved around in peoples faces. Totally the opposite of what happened. And right back to my original train of thought here... this dude has some MAJOR issues, as do the people he was "helping out"

Sorry to hear you guys had to inadvertently go through this, i'm sure the press around it is going to lead to a LOT of questions, for a long time to come... having to repeat yourselves nightly is going to be annoying as hell, and you don't want to come across as insensitive to the subject, even after the 5,000th time telling your side of the story.... the whole situation sucks, its just great that in the end, they were caught.
                  -Mat

Comment

"Are those bones "Real?"

"Yes they are. Real latex!"
                    People,customers can get So many things Wrong, without the help of a "newspaper Person". Guess what? We were closed all last fall, according to an idiot reporter who never called here, came here or bothered to retract his story.
                    "WHO?" Reads newspapers anymore? A young woman living in Tokyo, Japan heard we were closed, called her Mother in Peoria, Ill. to hear the facts!
                    The bitch of life is, I used to put ads in that same paper years ago and NOBODY SAW THEM! Nobody Showed up...from those ads. I know, we ask.
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Whats even more ridiculous, and what makes the tagline truly appealing to the average reader, is that instead of it reading "Murder trial of muscle shoals woman concluded" it says "Dismemberment tools used as haunted house props." Arx Mortis is only mentioned in one sentence of a tiny paragraph out of this entire news story. If it was a newspaper it wouldn't be as bad, but this is a full out news channel that people watch daily! Sickening I say! Luckily most of the news stations around here were called and explained to the entire story and what actually happened, and most dropped out name completely. Our social media actually gained several followers after this event!
                      Owner & Host - Flatline Radio
                      "Keeping our fingers on the absent pulse of the Haunt Industry."
                      sigpic
                      flatlineradio.podomatic.com

Comment

Working...
                      X