Distressing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distressing

Was wondering if they made actual distressing tools? or what are your favorite objects to use to distress costumes?
    Ive used some interesting things in my day to distress haha but I'm curious to what else is out there

Thanks,
    Nic

Ghost Ride productions has this tool and they also have aging crayons and dirt powders
    Brandon Treadway
    Owner & Creative Director | Treadway Events
    www.TreadwayEvents.com
    Portland, Oregon

Comment

I have always used the small hole side of a cheese grater!!

Comment

Lots of things -

There are lots of tools that can be used to distress costumes - Stiff wire brushes, large tooth files, razors, rough chunks of concrete, etc. We have even gone as far as to bury some costumes for a few weeks and then drag them around with a vehicle

Comment

How do you clean your costumes if you've distressed them to such an advanced degree? If it has holes and pretty worn, wouldn't it just tear away after washings, heavy use, etc?

Thanks,
          DA

Comment

This-http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/en-usd/search/searchresults/56595-01.aspx
            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Wash a costume?!? Undead serial killer's would never wash their daily clothes. I heavily dilute some unscented laundry detergent in a bucket and also have a bucket of cold water nearby. I soak the costume piece like a shirt or pants in the detergent for less than a min, then rinse in the cold water bucket and hang to dry. Most of the dirty look of my clothes has been done with dyes. This quick method I use keeps the clothes from stinking and keeps all the distressing in place. Gore Galore also sells a spray to clean costumes. Might want to check that also.
              Dr. Saw @ Terrorplex

Comment

Working...
              X