No announcement yet.

work on the haunt today here some image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark tiki - post your work! I want to learn from you! No reason to hold back man. everything done to scare people has merit in my world!
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

When someone starts a haunt or event, there are a lot more subtleties that they didn't spend lots of money and paid and trained their actors to suit the imaginary standard. Young people tend to find young customers who have not created some bias and will over time evolve and intrest with an event either develops with a haunt or falls off.

So for someone that is 30 years old, they are generally asking questions like how do I get tons of money and why do so many haunts suck and people that are 40 and 50 tend to say only the upper crust of haunts are the way to go and worth attending.

So in dealing with information about a haunted event, you have to recalibrate your life experience to be age and experience appropriate and magically the customer base anywhere in the country seems to patronize just the right one that has the sensibilities they think are just fine.

If I hear all my friends that are coming weigh 400 pounds and are 62 years old, I generally have to pass on that one. If I hear I have nothing but want to do this, I'm there to help with and advise the long cycle of going from nothing to something substantial. The haunts all along are out there and are still going from nothing to something. It wasn't one isoalted event that happened in 1987 and if you weren't there too bad for you.

You have to really examine wether you are having an open mind or have some kind of agenda that isn't tremendously negative and you don't even know it. You can find opinions anywhere that don't apply to any situation.

The other subtle bunch of suggestions come off like don't do anything unless you have 100 rules to go by and animatronics money. Great that some haunts have achieved the level of being able to mindlessly astonish even the 40 year old pro customer but there are 90% of the haunts out there that magically are not going to have a budget over night. It can be done with young haunt people and a young customer base.

If someone's frontal lobe hasn't formed yet or it has fomed improperly, I'm the absolute first to call the retard flag. But the world is more complicated than just one time line and the ages of who is still posting on Hauntworld or who has a mega haunt and is gracious enough to post one sentence about how to be high dollar.

There are a lot of things and levels of achievement in the haunt world that still have value. You can't segment out one style of behavior or offering and say that is it. Or your opinion if not intended to be negative is at least a waste of time. Something to consider but something that isn't going to happen anytime soon. I've worked with lots of the older crews and it was standard practice to not tell anyone else where you were having an event at all let alone post pictures on the internet. When it gets down to it, it isn't what we say, it is what THEIR customers say and some relatively lame or intimate things still keep an audience. Where else can you see any live performance that is possibly random, that hasn't been rehearsed and toured and is the same for 20 years. If that is what you dig perhaps a record collection would be a better past time.
      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
        That's true but the difference is you're not paying good money to see that swamp. It's free and it's creepy but its not an attraction. If its an attraction that expects people to pay money it needs to be worth it. Would you feel satisfied paying for a haunt using caution tape and tarps and broken mannequins?

DA
        How do you know what I paid to go in that Swamp? I never said it was free.

Comment

Originally posted by Marr Branch View Post
          How do you know what I paid to go in that Swamp? I never said it was free.
          I don't know and who cares really? You can go to swamps for free so if you paid that's on you.

DA
          Last edited by Darkangel; 04-24-2013, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
            I don't know and who cares really? You can go to swamps for free so if you paid that's on you.

DA
            You can not get in this swamp for free you have to pay with you're soul, anyway you would never make it in this swamp. :grin::evil:
            Last edited by Marr Branch; 04-27-2013, 07:51 PM. Reason: name calling/troll feeding.

Comment

Originally posted by Marr Branch View Post
              You can not get in this swamp for free you have to pay with you're soul, anyway you would never make it in this swamp. :grin:
              You might be right. I don't do well with real snakes and spiders!

DA
              Last edited by Darkangel; 04-24-2013, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Hey Mud!! I just wanted to say your pics look great!! You have done a lot of work. Keep it up!!!!! As soon as I can get you down here to Longview to help me out I will. Now remember start saving you money just a little each month so you can come to the Insane Shane Party next year!! I want you there and in costume!! You need to enter the contest. I love your creativity and imagination!! Keep up the good work!! See you in March.

Sue
                http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

Originally posted by terrormasue View Post
                  Hey Mud!! I just wanted to say your pics look great!! You have done a lot of work. Keep it up!!!!! As soon as I can get you down here to Longview to help me out I will. Now remember start saving you money just a little each month so you can come to the Insane Shane Party next year!! I want you there and in costume!! You need to enter the contest. I love your creativity and imagination!! Keep up the good work!! See you in March.

Sue
                  THIS IS THE EXACT PERSON I WANTED TO HEAR FROM!! Sue, your show is DEF an inspiration!! One day I'll be like you. Seems like just yesterday we were crammed in the back of Brad's truck at Transworld on the way to Columbia and I was trying to pull your website up on my Blackberry!! HAHAHA. You've come a LONGGG way and I love all the work you've put in!!
                  O'Shawn McClendon
                  Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
                    Dark tiki - post your work! I want to learn from you! No reason to hold back man. everything done to scare people has merit in my world!
                    Allen H
                    I suppose learning what NOT to do is still learning? Ha ha! Seriously, I appreciate the support. I'm working on a foam sculpture currently. I'll post some pics once I take some.
                    Haunt: DARK REALMS

Day job: Game Composer/Sound Designer

My "geek rock" band: Legendary nOObs

Comment

Originally posted by freak 'n' stein View Post
                      THIS IS THE EXACT PERSON I WANTED TO HEAR FROM!! Sue, your show is DEF an inspiration!! One day I'll be like you. Seems like just yesterday we were crammed in the back of Brad's truck at Transworld on the way to Columbia and I was trying to pull your website up on my Blackberry!! HAHAHA. You've come a LONGGG way and I love all the work you've put in!!
                      O'Shawn yes I do remember. Wow does time go by fast. Thank you so much for the compliment. I can say the same to you. I mean really look how far you have come with you haunt. Totally fantastic!! Just got back from HauntCon. Had a great time but I got super anxious and wanted to get back home to knock out a few more needed builds. The big "Zombie Ball" is on tonight. It was great to see my haunt friends that made it there. Talk to you soon!!

Sue
                      http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

Aim still here and I see lot you hating coz I Aim making the woods at the haunt I act at look good and if it look like crap like you all are saying I do not see any one here helping me out on getting stuff to make look like all the big haunt so if you have some to say now and go for it Aim going to do what I love no one can stop me.

Comment

Way to go mud

Comment

Rock on Mud!
                            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

You nailed it, Mud!
                              Haunt: DARK REALMS

Day job: Game Composer/Sound Designer

My "geek rock" band: Legendary nOObs

Comment

Keep the pics coming!

I would suggest maybe some night time lighted scenes w fog ect. Maybe you can give us a better feel of what your haunt would be like going through it. I would only take pics of unique or most detailed scenes. Maybe throw in an actor in costume ect. Haunting is interesting to me at any level!
                                Damon
                                www.frightmasters.weebly.com
                                Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
                                X