No announcement yet.

Help a fellow haunter if you can!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's always an honor to help out anyone within our industry. Especially one that has done as much as you to help form this industry to what it is today. As for the heroic part? Anyone who devotes time and effort into doing what they love is a hero to me. Someone who doesn't keep everything to themselves, and instead shares the glory with everyone else as an industry and community is an example that we all should follow. I try my hardest to follow that lead, as I know that will be for the betterment of the industry. Especially since I am part of the next generation of haunters that will be here when the others move on from this. At least I know some of us will carry on this mindset of sharing the pride. But as for now, all we can hope for is for you to get better soon. We're here for support, if you need anything, even if it's just somebody to chat with, you have my contact information. You can count on me to do anything I can possibly do to help out a fellow haunter. As I hope most of you were to do for me if I should ever fall into a time of need.
    Owner & Host - Flatline Radio
    "Keeping our fingers on the absent pulse of the Haunt Industry."
    sigpic
    flatlineradio.podomatic.com

Comment

It's everywhere!

Howie I wish you the best. I can say I see this everywhere I honestly don't know a single person who don't need help. It's bad all over I can't even go in a store anymore without them asking do you want to donate for x,y,z would you like to leave your change for x,y,z and always before they give you your total. I know a few in the haunt business as well that's needing help due to health problems. My point is to let you know that you are not alone there are so many people needing help. Off track giving don't have the same feeling for me as it once did because everyone makes you feel the need to help it's more of a "YOU SHOULD" instead of "I SHOULD" and it takes away the feeling of doing good for someone for me anyway.

Giving used to be about me doing something for someone and feeling I helped them now it's a feeling of if I don't will I feel like crap? At first it did now I am like oh well the next 5 places I visit will ask me the same thing. I am getting off track with personal feelings but I do think that this is one reason many don't give or give very little so they can spread it around. Anyway Howie I will pray for you and your family. I agree with Allen you should talk to your church if your not a member of one find one God will be there if your there for him he can't hear your needs if your a stranger to him. Many churches help their own because just as I was saying they get so many coming in the door they don't know asking for money and help it's almost a business of asking for money now NO IT IS A BUSINESS but family is family. Shane amd it's good luck I am praying and wishing you the best!!!! Oh and I seen on your Facebook Page you stopped smoking that's AWESOME!!!! That will make you feel better, smell better and save you a lot of money right there!

P.S I might add it NEVER hurts to ask but remember just as you many have asked the same question all through the day, week, month
      Last edited by graystone; 04-30-2013, 06:40 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Howie,

It's starting to sound like a pity party up in here...
        Why do people blame an entire religion on one bad experience by one person?

I think it's time to move on this topic is dominating the forums these days, this and Mudsticky lol

DA

Comment

Howie

I understand ( I think or try to anyway) Again I wish you the best. I will pray to my God because I can honestly say every time I have needed him he's been there for me. I will ask him to try and offer his guidance and help as he see's necessary even though you have no interest in him. That's what's great about God with me he understands so much even though you don't believe or whatever then I guess the good thing or way for me to look at it is you can't blame him for your troubles. I see that so often laying blame on God. Anyway I'm wishing you the best I have no hard feelings or look at you in any different way as your a human with feelings, thoughts, and beliefs just as me. Shane and it's hang in there.
          sigpic

Comment

Is your haunted house still open? Because if so you could do a great fund raiser through your haunt have you considered that? Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Howie,

Hope it all works out. Just curious what about next month, and the one after and after that?

Jake

Comment

Hummmmm

With all this you still have internet to get on and update these forums with your personal problems? I mean I feel bad for you but I really think you should seek help on a local level. Not trying to be a smart ass but with everything going in in the world we all have problems and really these forums are not a place to seek help. I mean look at Brian Wolfe he's in lot worse shape and he's not here giving us all insights to his personal issues? Again I feel bad for you but this is no place to air your personal problems. You post multiple times a day on your facebook asking for money could you not contact a church or a local help center? Seems you could lose the internet and save a few bucks that way because it looks as if you have facebook and the internet and comes off as your using it as a tool for free handouts. Again not wanting to sound like a smart ass and I hate seeing people down on their luck but your beating a dead horse! Shane and it's think before you act!
                sigpic

Comment

Howie

You say I am negative and this whole thread is nothing but negative on what's going on in your life! What if everyone posted every move and every bad thing that happened to them on here. This has nothing to do with haunted houses nor is this in anyway helping anyone else but you. IT'S NOT THE PLACE! I don't want to make a big deal of this and as a moderator of this forums yes Howie me, Allen and Larry are moderators ( me and Allen were asked by Larry) I have gotten several emails complaining. I don't know if Allen or Larry has or not and my basic response ( when I have time ) has been he's desperate and down on his luck it will get better for him he's seeking a little help. But I do owe this community here as well as Larry a responsibility of addressing the complaints. My first email yesterday said " here he goes again" so there is no need to jump my shit when I am feeling your pain but trying nicely to say people are complaining and they can help you on your Facebook page. I was far from being negative and if I was I could have , Allen or Larry could have removed the whole thread like I said I feel bad for your situation but YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE MAN! AND NO ONE ELSE IS HERE BEGGING NOT EVEN THE WOLFE FAMILY! That's all I am saying. Maybe simply putting "hey I am still in need if anyone out there can help I would be thankful" but no need for a play by play on every bill this is none of anyone's business and if your friends want to know they have your email, phone and facebook page they have several ways of finding out. Bottom line not everyone here knows you or is your friend this is a sight for business info not personal info. Also I am not a friend of yours on facebook I just been checking before I speak up on this subject. Bottom line I feel really, really bad anyone that knows me knows I will give the shirt off my back but most people that need help never ask we as friends and family for one another can see it without it being " brought to our attention or post made with links to a site for donations at this point it's looking like a scam. Do I think it is? NO! but does it come off that way? YES now it is! Bottom line the best place for this is Facebook that's where your true friends and family are if they are here then they are there and you can update them that's all I am saying. Shane and it's ENOUGH! None of us is without problems

**** I might add I have NEVER removed a comment or thread a nd I can't speak for Allen and I know Larry has but even though I can I rather see Larry do it this is his house here.

In thinking about this and it's how I live my life why not just be thankful you can get on the internet and you have a happy healthy son and you still have food on the table! There are so many people in much worse shape than you Howie! Why not say " Instead of paying for my internet or smokes or whatever " say "would you pay my light bill, rent or buy me food" those are the real necessities in life. Your getting all up on me for nothing! JUST BE THANKFUL YOUR NOT LOOKING DEATH IN THE EYE! Better yet call Brian's family and you may just see your not as bad off as you seem! I will continue to pray for you both and if any of the Wolfe family is reading this we would love a update on him...
                  Last edited by graystone; 06-22-2013, 07:00 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

I have to agree with Shane on this one, sorry dude. A quick update is one thing, but a "Days of our Lives" story gets old. I'm struggling as much as the next guy, but there's only so much we can give.

Comment

Excellent post Shane. This is really not the place people come here for information and networking not to see posts like this and then be made out to feel that if we don't help, there's something wrong with us and we're not caring and considerate people. Facebook is the place for this not a haunted forum sure we all have an interest in Halloween and haunted houses but we're not really any more a family than anyone else in any other respective industry or business. Family gets tossed around too much these days anyway my family is those related to me, my kids and wife and our relatives not people who share an interest with me. Friends and acquaintances and co-workers are just that. Also, you often say fellow haunted didn't you retire from haunting and you're closed for business? I guess it doesn't matter.

I wish you luck I really do, but I think people would rather not see your posts here and it might make some feel uncomfortable.

Jake

Comment

I have no real place telling anyone anything. Just maybe my two cents if anyone would like to hear them. I couldn't finish reading all the posts on this thread because it all just sounded pretty average in terms of people experiencing rough times. Having that said one of the posts I read that bothered me in particular was one where you said that you were BEGGING for the remaining $357 to pay some bill. Shanes right in some perspectives and one particular is the fact that you still have internet. If you are really that tight on cash, cancel your internet, sell your computers, sell your cellphones and cancel those plans, sell your jewelry, then get a job. Sell your house and move into an apartment. There are plenty of people that down grade their lives because of rough times. Myself and my wife include. School is freaking expensive. I have 115,000 in loans. My wife adds another $50,000 in loans ontop of that. We have a dwindiling savings that we are living off of and my parents took us in for the next year. We help out as much as we can and thats it. I don't go begging. Plus I find it incredibly rude to ask these people for money, because I'm not giving you any obviously I'm poor too, and then go on other posts and comment on people's threads as if nothing is going on in your life. Get off your effing computer and spend time with your family. Go to work, get your wife a job, get your son a job fix your life problems and stop thinking about playtime. Because halloween is playtime. For that majority of people here, NOT including myself, its serious business. But for everyone else, you and me included, its play time.

Good luck
                        Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Comment

+1 to both of you.

Comment

what I think we're trying to convey is...

We all enjoy displaying a macabre desire for scaring people and creating pieces of art to escape the every day grind. That's why people like horror in the first place, to escape the dailymisfortunes and frustrations.

That sucks about your wife, she didn't uphold her end of the bargain. Go bang her sister now.

Comment

My God!

STOP IT ALL READY!!! YOUR ACTING LIKE A BABY! I could tell you instead of coming here and asking for help how about hit McDonalds! They hire daily! So does Burger King, or any other burger joint! Once again you have made nothing but rambles on how no one cares! Sad thing is many I am sure cares but simply can't help you! What an ass! Who are you to sit and judge anyone? You have plenty of time to come here and post your life story as well as Facebook only to basically say if you don't help me pay my bills then you don't care! HOW DARE YOU AND HOW DARE YOU USE YOUR CHILDS PHOTO AS A WAY OF ATTRACTING ATTENTION! I am sorry but you have pissed me off! I felt bad for you just as I feel bad for anyone in your situation but you have crossed the line with your " Poor Pitiful Me " post! This is total bullshit then pull a temper tantrum and say your leaving, good by, I am never coming back... REALLY Dude? Give us a break you got no more on your plate than anyone else! Hell I am dealing with a million dollars worth of roof damage to my Haunt, an IRS audit from hell ( FYI your guilty until you prove yourself innocent ) and still trying to run my company and get married and you think you got problems! I don't need a poor pitiful me post, I don't need anyone to help me, and I don't need to make a big issue of it! I AM DEALING WITH IT AND WORKING TO GET IT ALL RESOLVED PLAIN AND SIMPLE! That's what an adult does! Now leave your wife, be thankful you have a beautiful healthy looking child you can hug and hold daily and go stay with a relative till your back on your feet and find some kind of a job you can do and SHUT THE HELL UP WITH ALL THIS!!!!! YOUR GOING TO FIND OUT THINGS ARE NOT AS BAD AS IT SEEMS WHEN COMPAIRED TO OTHER PEOPLE IN THE WORLD YOU SMART ASS!

HauntWorld I am sorry I guess I lost it. I just could not sit by and let this dude call people sorry or uncaring simply because they did not help. I seen it as an attack on the members of this site! As I have gotten older I have learned not to be so hot headed but sometimes that part of me comes out in defense of what's right! If I have offended anyone I am truly sorry but I have seen this going on for weeks! I have actually avoided reading it because of the complaints but today was just not the day!

Howie I hope you stay here and I hope your situation improves but enough is enough. Shane and it's I still wish you well.....
                              sigpic

Comment

Delete the thread

Maybe it's time to delete the entire thread it's turned out to be a completely botched attempt, no utter failure, for securing assistance.

Howie, I think you are your own worse enemy. The more you talk and write the more you distance people from your cause.
                                I think that if anyone was in the place to help they've have done it already and reading anymore will anger people and turn them off.

You should like you are very young, like 23 years old I think it's time to man up and find a way to better your situation. Your family isn't nor was it ever other haunters, family is blood. Like Shane said find family and stay with them until you get back on your feet. Take the first job ANYWHERE that's hiring and build back up your life. Then you will restore your dignity and pride in being a man and provider because you did it yourself, for yourself.

I wish you luck, I sincerely do.

Jake

Comment

Working...
                                X