No announcement yet.

Undying Gratitude to you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep wanting to go into detail on how this show is being done but I can't.
    But Drama is NOT the angle we are going.
    I made it clear up front that we will not do it if they make us look like idiots.
    It is NOT the standard reality TV approach. And that is one of the couple reasons I am game to do it.
    Comedy is the approach. And it is really funny.
    If each episode is half as funny as what I have seen so far it will be fun to film, and even more fun to watch.
    Of course it will interfere with our time. That is just a fact.
    But the difference is we have a production schedule to follow. As long as my crew keeps up with the schedule in the long run, then we will keep filming. If we can't then I am killing the show.
    I made it very clear to my crew and the film company how this has to happen.
    Our customers are the priority. If this don't work the way they are supposed to work then we can't do the show.
    So, we have an understanding.
    You have to realize I have given this as much thought as anything I have done in my life.
    I know this can't be a mistake no matter what. Regardless of what happens.
    It will ALL be chalked up to experience.
    Kevin R. Alvey
    info at gore-galore.com
    www.gore-galore.com
    www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
    www.youtube.com/goregalore13
    www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gore Galore View Post
      I keep wanting to go into detail on how this show is being done but I can't.
      But Drama is NOT the angle we are going.
      I made it clear up front that we will not do it if they make us look like idiots.
      It is NOT the standard reality TV approach. And that is one of the couple reasons I am game to do it.
      Comedy is the approach. And it is really funny.
      If each episode is half as funny as what I have seen so far it will be fun to film, and even more fun to watch.
      Of course it will interfere with our time. That is just a fact.
      But the difference is we have a production schedule to follow. As long as my crew keeps up with the schedule in the long run, then we will keep filming. If we can't then I am killing the show.
      I made it very clear to my crew and the film company how this has to happen.
      Our customers are the priority. If this don't work the way they are supposed to work then we can't do the show.
      So, we have an understanding.
      You have to realize I have given this as much thought as anything I have done in my life.
      I know this can't be a mistake no matter what. Regardless of what happens.
      It will ALL be chalked up to experience.
      I am so on board too Kevin!! DO EEEETTTT!! I, for one, am obsessed with Making Monsters. I have all the episodes on my DVR. Ed Marsha and crew are hilarious to watch and whether or not their "mishaps" are staged they're still outrageously entertaining and kept me glued in obsession every week. Good luck and hope to hear some great news soon!!
      O'Shawn McClendon
      Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

With Distortions Making Monsters, we learned about Morris Costume, a haunted trail that got a giant skeleton, a haunted house on a boat, how many halloween retailers there are, saw mini golfs, ufo museums and Netherworld got a big bug. If you aren't in the industry this stuff is wonderous and basically very intresting national advertising. Even various nation trade shows were spots and factoids. It all just shows how serious and huge the market is.

I always imagined it pays those on camera something that would make up for or even be a benefit for what ever delays occur in the production of props. Even if it is a burden, this kind of exposure is the ultimate in branding. I don't think people look at the mishaps as drama or idiocy, it is hard work and they are trying to fly through it. Despite having problems with big molds, the product delivered is nice. Despite shipping companies tearing things up, they were there putting it back together as the utimate customer service.

I'm not seeing anything bad here.
        sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Good Point, Chris...

Stew

Comment

I too would like to see you guys do it!

Greg... Normally a production team puts together a pitch video. They then try to sell the idea to a network. They get a lump sum and the production team/company decides who gets paid what and then they keep the rest. Reality shows are the money market right now for them. All they have to do is post a sign saying they are filming etc and that's all they need to put u on tv. They don't not have to pay you but obvious the leads will have that contracted in.

Comment

Working...
            X