Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

REAL WORLD HAUNT ACTING SEMINAR at MHC / FREE DVD OFFER for pre-convention sign-up!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REAL WORLD HAUNT ACTING SEMINAR at MHC / FREE DVD OFFER for pre-convention sign-up!!

Take advantage of this special offer of getting a free HAUNTING MAKE-UP DVD for signing up by May 25th for MHC acting seminar "REAL WORLD HAUNT ACTING"! The class is on Friday, June 7th, 2013 from 12:00PM to 4:30PM. This acting seminar brings the haunted house environment to the class allowing for a very interactive learning experience for the attendees. The instructor will use an actual set (mini-haunt with several rooms) to demonstrate acting skills such as dialogue, body movement, and approach using volunteers from the class acting as customers. Using this “real-world” setting, there will be many acting exercises, with the overall goal of making a more entertaining experience for patrons by having characters that are more interactive and memorable. Included in the cost of the class will be lunch (pizza). Go to the direct class web page (http://www.midwesthauntersconvention...-haunt-acting/) or to www.midwesthauntersconvention.com and click on Education, Sessions & Speakers, and the class description under Pre-Convention Friday Workshops for more info.
    For those people who sign up for the class by May 25th, the free-DVD will be given to them on the day of the class June 7th.
    Geoff Beck is an acting and makeup veteran of 13+ years who has been involved in educational seminars and has worked as a coordinator for many different haunts. He has directed PLAYING WITH FEAR, and HAUNTING MAKEUP VOLUME ONE.

Maybe you should put more info on this so people know what is going to take place in the class,

Comment

Actor trainer workshop

I’ve had the opportunity to observe Geoff Beck perform at numerous haunted attractions over the past 12+ years. He is truly one of the most captivating haunt entertainers I’ve ever seen. His characters are very impressive and his performances really get under the skin of patrons.

Geoff will share his techniques for getting into the psychic of a haunt guest and the haunt scenes will provide a real life learning opportunity for those participating in the class.

Geoff will be in character during the workshop, using the set to demonstrate acting skills such as dialogue, body movement, and approach using members from the class as customers. Using this “real-world” setting, there will be many acting exercises, with the overall goal of making a more entertaining experience for patrons by having characters that are more “interactive” and “memorable.”

We’re very fortunate to have Geoff hosting this workshop at MHC and I’m recommending all haunt producers considering signing up your actor trainers for this fantastic experience. Any actors wanting to step up their game; this is a great opportunity to develop your character appearance and performance.

This 4 ½ hour workshop costs just $100. That’s a fantastic price when you consider what you have to gain with character development and outstanding performers. Actor trainers will we energized for the upcoming season and with Geoff’s training they’ll be ready to start training your actors for your haunt.

Kelly Collins
      The Midwest Haunters Convention
      The ScareAtorium

Comment

I completely agree. Geoff's classes are excellent! If you want to improve your acting or help your actors improve their performance then you have to catch his class.
        I still think his old DVD, Playing with Fear is one of the greatest videos to show new actors cause it really illustrates what haunt acting is and can be if you put your heart into it.
        sigpic
        Louis Brown
        Owner, operator, and dish washer
        at
        DarkWood Manor

Comment

I've had the pleasure of working with Geoff on this workshop in the past and he is one of the most dynamic and passionate instructors I have ever known. It would be a bargain at twice the price...
          http://www.bigscaryshow.com
          http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Mhc is here soon!

Originally posted by Badger View Post
            I've had the pleasure of working with Geoff on this workshop in the past and he is one of the most dynamic and passionate instructors I have ever known. It would be a bargain at twice the price...
            Thank you all so much for the nice words. I love to train actors by sharing what I have learned over the past 19 years, and this class is a culmination of the multitudes of places I have acted at and the experience I have gained, and I can't wait for MHC! I have spent a lot of time revamping the set I used originally two years ago at MHC in 2011 (then again at Transworld in 2012). I believe the best way to teach people is by having them in the "real world" environment, as it become much more tangible, and I believe the class attendees are able to take away more from the class this way. Besides myself teaching at this seminar, there will be three other guest instructors who all bring to the workshop many years of different acting experiences with them. First, there is Roger Miller who was my mentor at Bloodview back in 1994. He is one of the best improv/interactive actors I have ever had the privilege to work with. Then, there is Jeff Glatzer who I also met at Bloodview, and he is one of the most passionate and dedicated actors you'll ever meet, and he is an aggressive, take-no-prisoners type of actor who is an expert at loud violent acting, and an "ace" at creating very many different and unique looking characters as well. Last but not least is my new-found friend from Spooky Ranch in Columbia Station, OH, Gus. He is the acting coordinator there, and does a great job leading the actors, and brings a lot of enthusiasm to the show! My goal in having all four of us teach, is to offer as many different takes and approaches to acting to the seminar as possible to rub off on the attendees. I know we will have a blast, and this going to be a very interactive and involved class for those who want to take advantage of this "real world" acting class! Don't forget too, there will be free lunch to all, and those of you who sign up before May 25th (6 more days!), you will get a free HAUNTING MAKEUP DVD the day of the class June 7th (12-4:30PM). Go to the MHC website to sign up under the pre-convention seminars under education banner.
            Geoff Beck is an acting and makeup veteran of 13+ years who has been involved in educational seminars and has worked as a coordinator for many different haunts. He has directed PLAYING WITH FEAR, and HAUNTING MAKEUP VOLUME ONE.

Comment

Two more weeks to mhc!

I just wanted to remind everyone, you have just two more weeks to sign up for this awesome acting class! We will have 5 different experienced actors sharing their knowledge in a "real world" haunt setting. The class attendees will be highly encouraged to be involved in the acting exercises, and don't forget, free lunch! Go to the direct class web page (http://www.midwesthauntersconvention...-haunt-acting/) or to www.midwesthauntersconvention.com and click on Education, Sessions & Speakers, and the class description under Pre-Convention Friday Workshops for more info. For those people who sign up for the class by May 25th, a free DVD will be given to them on the day of the class June 7th.

Comment

Free dvd offer with acting seminar sign-up extended!

The previously deadline of May 25th to get a free DVD with signing up of the acting seminar REAL WORLD HAUNT ACTING has been removed. You can get the free DVD for signing up for this awesome acting seminar all the way up to the day of the class, Friday June 7th! But don't forget, less than two weeks away until MHC, see you there! For more info on class and to sign up, go to the direct class web page (http://www.midwesthauntersconvention...-haunt-acting/) or to www.midwesthauntersconvention.com and click on Education, Sessions & Speakers, and the class description under Pre-Convention Friday Workshops.

Comment

Real World Haunt at MHC

Hey all! I want to thank all those folks for the last minute orders of Scared Stiff magazine. I hope you learn and enjoy. Your support is appreciated.

That being said, I am writing to support a great event I am participating in at MHC (Midwest Haunters Conference) on Friday night June 7th at 7 pm inside the Franklin room. It is the Geoff Beck Real World Haunt Experience! Come and see this fantastic haunted attraction created out of the mind of Geoff Beck (a fellow Scab 5 member) himself. He designed and built this attraction and I am proud of his accomplishment.

It features three rooms and beginning at 7:00 pm you will be greeted by some pretty good acting talent for your thrills! Featuring an exclusive All-Ohio cast, I will feature my go to character, “Cage” an industrial insanity styled character that has roamed haunts and conventions from time to time. You will see Roger Miller a Scab 5 member, and Gus who has acted at several conventions.

If you want a taste of some serious acting chops you’ve got to see this show. It will feature three fifths of the Scab 5 so you have an idea of what is in store. We will rock it. You will be amazed. And we will make it memorable and fun.

Please come out and support Geoff, get some thrills, and put an exclamation mark on your MHC experience at the Real World Haunted House!
                  See you next week!

Jeff GlatzerActor, Former Publisher
                  Scared Stiff Magazine

Comment

No, No, No, I am not retiired and returing to teach at MHC after 5 years

"The Haunted House Actor is not an entry level position." R Miller 1996

Bringing 23 years of expereince to share and I am not selling anything! Looking forward to reconnecting with freinds across the country!! Look me up, Roger Miller
                    "Haunted house acting is not a science, it's an art!"

Comment

Working...
                    X