mirror hieght illussion ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mirror hieght illussion ideas?

Let me pick your brain lol. I have this idea to make a narrow bridge to walk over and I want people to feel they are really high in the air, when really they are a few feet off the ground.

I was thinking maybe plexiglass mirrors (for safety incase someone fell off) or something of that sort on the floor, so it reflects depth. There would be rails, so they could not get off the bridge (kind of like the vortex tunnel. When they look on either side they see the floor of mirrors. Since in this case the bridge would have a wood floor, they would not see the reflection under them (bottom of bridge, so maybe it would not ruin the effect. Could get real crazy and have like small stuff mounted to the ceiling hanging upside down and something over the top of the walkway so they could not look directly up and could not see the ceiling at all. Then it would reflect and seem like what is on the ceiling is hundreds of feet below them due to the mirror effect of depth? Maybe?

Thoughts?

Just do an endless hallway on the ground aka bottomless pit. Search, few threads on it.. If I'm getting your point. Mirrors above wont work.. Even with blanked out bridge you still will have angle reflections.

Comment

mirror height illusion

jimmyfish,

tonguesandwich (hillarious name btw) is right on the mark here.
      The funny thing is I am going to post a very similar idea on the forums. I won't however get a chance to do so soon as I am in the middle of another project right now. If you want a sneak peak of the post send me an email.
      deruiter.andrew88@gmail.com
      RIP

~The Imagineer~

Andrew de Ruiter

Download part 1 of Andrew's Black Book of ideas for haunts here:
      http://www.epubbud.com/book.php?g=EGQDK8HZ

Comment

The BEST thing to do is hire a 3D artist to do a 3d Painting on the floor. A simple example below. It can be made way better then the example. If you need an artist, I know the right guy that does this all the time.

Stew

550231_313030058772496_881603318_n.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Darksidestew View Post
          The BEST thing to do is hire a 3D artist to do a 3d Painting on the floor. A simple example below. It can be made way better then the example. If you need an artist, I know the right guy that does this all the time.

Stew

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16363[/ATTACH]
          Those only work from 1 specific angle. If someone is walking over the bridge, it will end up becoming horribly distorted as they go across. The article below kinda shows it or you can search 3d street art wrong angle.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesi.../3d-street-art

Comment

The bottomless pit effect is the right way to go here. It is done very well at 13th gate in LA. they use it in several places effectively. I have never seen a painted floor look good in any haunt setting and Ihave seen it several times- dont do the paint, go with mirrors. even using 4'x8'mirrors the seams can be hidden with vines and such.
            Allen H
            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I had an idea a few years ago about making a depth illusion by making a mockup-like setup where the objects closest to your actor or the camera were going to have a normal size and the objects farthest away would be miniatures but not really THAT far away to achieve the illusion of depth. But I have no idea if it'll work really or how deep it has to be to achieve a convincing illusion of depth. I was going to make some experimentarion with 3D models to check on angles and scales but I haven't had the time...
              http://www.redcrowdesign.net

Comment

Working...
              X