Tee Shirts... Do you sell them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tee Shirts... Do you sell them?

I have done a quick forum search to find little info regarding tee shirts.

Who uses what company for screen printing? Is the Gildan 2000 pretty much the common shirt to use? What kind of bulk do you buy it? Get a great deal?

Do you offer combo deals with ticket purchases? Upcharging? Do you bundle?

I enjoy this part of the business, as few give it thought until they realize they can make a profit while getting free advertising...

Thanks in advance!!

Weird! No one buys tee shirts?! Lol

Comment

I'll chime in... we buy t-shirts every single year mostly for my staff and yes to sell as well. However I don't go all out to sell t-shirts that isn't my focus my focus is the safety of my guests, that my haunt is up and running correctly and my actors are on the ball. I don't focus on selling hot dogs, soda and t-shirts.

I've always said that is nickle and dime stuff, the bigger picture is making sure your guests leave seeing the best show possible and that in and of itself is a full time job.

If you are an amusement park they can make a lot of money off of this stuff because they are set up for it in a major way... I think small business owners should focus on the core business and give little attention to everything else.

But yes we sell them and they do sell out but at the same time we don't try very hard or buy very many!

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Larry we're aiming more for advertising benefits that come from offering shirts at a reasonable rate, but I get where you're coming from!

Thanks so much for the info!

Comment

Who do you use to do your screening? Where do you buy from?

Comment

T shirts from 90% of Haunts are not about making extra money- they are about extended advertising. Period.

My advise is to sell them for a minimum to modest profit in order to get them on the streets!

Walking, talking, spontaneous, year-'round billboards cannot be purchased for any price!

Sunshine Tees are awesome printers!
            How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

Zombie, that was my point as well. It's free advertising.

Thanks for the heads up, I will look into that printer this evening!

Comment

We made up some basic shirts last year...black with bright orange one color simple logo on front with our website under it.
                Got them from Jakprints.com
                Only ordered 100 of the popular sizes (M/L/XL).
                We had a couple people want Small and a few want XXL but we were just doing a trial run.
                They were 10.00 each and we sold a bunch...I have a few leftover but we made our money we put into them back and then some...nothing major.
                But when they wear them...it's adversiting!
                Kirk Boemmel
                Dark Ghost Manor
                www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

Guys, we were just a small business with our feet wet in 2012. I hired a local company that was coming up and I'm not sure how 'great' of a deal we got but our average cost was about $7 a shirt. We sold them for $10-12, just to get them out there. Our shirts made a huge difference, especially for our first year.

People would see our hearse and talk to me and they'd be like "Yeah we've been seeing the shirts around town, didn't know if they were crew or just bought the shirts" so I'd tell them they were probably purchased and usually, sold another :P I had to keep them in my every day vehicle, the hearse and at the shop.

Comment

Any of you others have designs or sayings on the shirt you wanna share?? Sue and I are trying to come up with catchy phrases....

Comment

We've done shirts every year and hoodies one year. Probably bringing hoodies back this year. We buy shirts online and a local printer prints them free. The advertising from them is priceless. I've seen a random stranger working out in the gym with our shirt and gave her a free ticket because I was so impressed.
                      O'Shawn McClendon
                      Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

Our owner does short sleeve and long sleeve t-shirts. We also sell hoodies every year. Each year our haunt has a different design so it keeps people who have bought things from previous years interested in getting another.

I would guess it's worth it for our owner since she brings them back year after year (at least 10 years).

Comment

Quick & Easy

Here is the design we had done for our shirts this year - Quick and easy design that shows our logo and website. We had these done by Jakprints.com - They have always done a great job with everything we have had them do.

Comment

How do they do cost wise, thought?

Comment

Working...
                            X