Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim's Birthday Present!

May17th I am now 64 years old!
    Today we were informed about an article in The Chicago Reader newspaper about Ravens Grin Inn.
    The author visited a short while ago keeping her mission to her self. As it happened , they told me upfront that "time" was not a consideration during their house tour..so maybe three hours later, they were finally walking out the exit.
    As long as they tell me this at the beginning and everyone is having fun, I just keep on going with it, because guess what? I'm having FUN TOO!
    Reading the article is fun.
    What made me laugh right away was when she explains that the Florida town she grew up in was in competition with Mount Carroll in a contest (on-line) to vote for "The Coolest Small Town', but her small town in Florida was a, Quoting here:"A fucking sesspool!"
    She could not get over how small Mount Carroll is. A lonliness factor along with joy is a strange thing she writes about since there are more dead people here than live ones (In the graveyard, not in store windows or the bars.)
    You can see it on Ravens Grin Facebook site.
    She kind of themes her article like the plot to a horror movie, the common story of the small town clan imprisoning and then sacrificing the "City Folk" to some obscure "Country-god"?
    Funny.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Oh. Yes!

The Chicago Reader newspaper has a different type of circulation from most papers in the fact that each issue gets read 4 to 6 times before it's disguarded, papers passed around from friend to friend....This is how it was 26 years ago, anyhow?
    25 years ago this was an ad I had in that paper: "Haunted House-Spooky little town-Culture Shock-Touch Death's Gown-One hour tour-Guaranteed scare-Tempt the Night-Stain your underware!"--Mount Carroll. Ill.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Happy Bday Jim!

Comment

So Funny!

i thought you were 64 last year! You just want to be like that old Beatles song thats all! LOL!
        Damon
        www.frightmasters.weebly.com
        Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
        X