• Show
Clear All

• The sugar dady silicone mask

sculpt in progress hope you guys like where its going

www.realfleshmasks.com

811651003_n_zpsbb5b472e.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

www.realfleshmasks.com

Comment

this week update !!! ready for the detailing stage !!!

www.realfleshmasks.com

Comment

www.realfleshmasks.com

Comment

It looks like the grandfather to your other sculpts. Same wide nose, forehead wrinkle, nasolabial folds.

Comment

While the sculpt is great, where's the variety? So many vendors already produce old man masks. Why not create something new and unique to the silicone mask market?

Not trying to put you down by any means, just seems like everyone just keeps making the same masks over and over.

Where's the monsters and creatures!?
            Zach Wiechmann
            www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

what do you mean wheres the monsters ? have you visited our website ? www.realfleshmasks.com we just made 3 monster mask. The Demon, The Undead and The monster and just posted pictures of those below in this forum. and as for us making human mask well 80 % of the market is there so if we want to continue to make monster masks we need to be making human masks also or we will simply have to stop.look at cfx dermal synthetic website !!! its a big chunk of theyr bussiness also so they also make human masks and more then us and they even have theyr own website devoted to only human masks !!!! (http://www.dermalsynthetics.com/ )what i understand is that i shouldent be posting human mask in here. got it but hope it makes things clear that we redid our old man since the papy was our first mask and we changed the core for a better one since and a redo was needed also.We do plan to be making more monsters and this year in fact we did more monster masks then realistic and we intend to be about 50/50 this year.

here is again pictures of our monsters masks

Originally posted by Front Yard Fright View Post
              While the sculpt is great, where's the variety? So many vendors already produce old man masks. Why not create something new and unique to the silicone mask market?

Not trying to put you down by any means, just seems like everyone just keeps making the same masks over and over.

Where's the monsters and creatures!?
              Last edited by ianfxmen; 05-27-2013, 06:35 AM.
              www.realfleshmasks.com

Comment

The unfinished sugar daddy sculpt vs our first old pappy sculpt to show the big difference between the 2

www.realfleshmasks.com

Comment

I hope you didn't take offense to my post, just sharing my opinion.

I am quite aware of your line, and you do have some great pieces, but why "reinvent the wheel" is the point I'm trying to get across.

Again, hope you didn't take my comment personally - you do great work!
                  Zach Wiechmann
                  www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

not offended at all sir you gave your point of view wich i respect and i give mine and also explain why we do realsitic masks . we really like replicating humans as its a really tough challenge that not many can achieve so people can really prank friends all years long so its not a halloween only market like the monster masks are.We have fun making both and we will try and always offer a good 50/50 mix between monster masks and realistic.
                    www.realfleshmasks.com

Comment

Do you find people are willing to pay $600 to buy a mask to prank their friends with? Hell I'd just buy some fake poo for $3 to do that. I think there are already too many old man masks and too many human paint masks out there there is no versatility in them and the best purpose for human looking masks is robbing banks because it seems like you see more human and old man masks robbing banks then in a haunt. Everyone is just copying the spfx old man at this point anyway he had the first old man silicone.

I want to see more monsters painted more colors. You tried to do a green monster mask but it still looks more skin tone than green.

Your sculpts are beautiful but I think around here we're less impressed with realism and more interested in monsters and scary things. I can't speak for everyone but I think if you've seen one old man you've seen them all.

Good luck!

DA

Comment

to answer your question well yes they do purchase realistic masks as its around 60 to 70 % of our bussiness as they sell year long unlike monsters mask that is more around halloween. i understand your point but the old papy even if made a long time ago is still our best seller by far and without him we would have never been able to continue making masks at this level so why would we not give a big % of our Customer what they want ?we try and please everyone. i understand that its mabe not the place here to post realistic human masks and ill think twice next time.As for the green Monster it just cant be more green then that or it will be impossible to paint détails on it unless using dark black paint ? so ill have to dissagree on you on the fact that it looks like human skin ? heres another pic as i dont understand why you say we painted it still too flesh like ?

Last edited by ianfxmen; 05-29-2013, 07:45 AM.
                        www.realfleshmasks.com

Comment

Is the fact of all your masks having wide, flat noses a stylistic choice, or the limitations of having the silicone a certain minimum thickness?

Comment

Great stuff- keep going!

But for pete's sake- put your website url in your signature line!

I can't tell you how many times I wanted to click that link after seeing your posts but didn't because it wasn't there!
                            How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

we also imbed a plastic piece between the eyes in the silicone to prevent that area to get flat when worn? but yes we are also off course limited to thickness since we sculpt those masks over an armature. heres some pic showing our masks thats we think doesnt have a flat unrealistic nose cause of the plastic pic we use thaty prevents that from happening and keeps the original masks shape in that area even when worn just like if it was on the armature.

Originally posted by Infoamtek View Post
                              Is the fact of all your masks having wide, flat noses a stylistic choice, or the limitations of having the silicone a certain minimum thickness?
                              www.realfleshmasks.com

Comment

Working...
                              X