Dual room idea showstopper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual room idea showstopper?

I have seen some haunts where they have 3 doors to choose from and each room has a different ending "showstopper" What are the best that you have seen?

THis would slow down your haunt to a near crawl on a busy night... I think its a great idea for a tourist style haunt but not really for a haunt that has a ton of traffic. Something to consider. Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Thanks for the input. What if we use 2 doors and it will be the same event lol. What do you consider are good showstopper

Comment

I agree with the previous poster that any extra doors will slow down the lines to a virtual crawl. People for the most part in groups have a heard mentality and as such they will hesitate, get confused, and freeze up when they don't know which way to go.

How about instead of having two ending options you have two ending mazes setup, and as a section of line passes through you block one ending maze off and open the next one up?

This way its one continuous line that has two alternating endings.

Would require double the staff to pull off but should give about the same effect.

Comment

Good idea. I just thought it would be a different take on a show stopper to leave the audience with a lasting impression.

Comment

I'd hate to waste a good effect on only 50% of the traffic. If it's any good, you want everyone to experience it. I'd also hate to waste twice the staff on a room that is only being used half as much. (1 room will be wasted in each instance.) That being said, if one were to do this, I would make two rooms but alternate the actors in which room they manned and force the audience into the room that was occupied. So the actors do room 1 for the first group, then move to room 2 for the 2nd group, and then back. The audience could be forced to pick the right door by just sliding a brick wall facade into place behind the "other" door, or some "crime scene" tape-- any excuse to direct the audience into the room you want them to enter.
            www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

Working...
            X