Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunt Movie - need help

Hello there

I've been reading these boards for a while. Great information tool.

I'm producing a horror film based in the world of the Haunt Industry. pretty much the behind the scens of a haunt. I have so many question about the industry, most have been answered reading various threads on this page. I also have questions about specific haunts around the country that I've seen here and on other sites that look great.

We have two angles to approach production (production going off hopefully in august, september or October for a week)
    1> Find our own space and build a haunt from scratch.
    2> Find a real haunt that we could pay the owners to film at.

We'd love to do the latter if the location fits what is needed in the script, but we could work around that if needed. The Script calls for a Haunted house, not an asylum style haunt or something of that nature.

So I'm just throwing this note out there and if anybody might have any advice or ideas in this matter feel free to pm me... or if you might be able to answer some questions for me as we head into pre-production pm as well, I'd like to pick your brains.

Thanks

Steve

Haunt Movie - need help

Steve,

If I were to film a haunt I would use an actual house with haunt effects added to it. However, if you are looking for more of an attraction style haunt. The Hex House in Tulsa, OK is just that; an indoor haunted house. They filmed a Ben Affleck movie there two years ago.

If you need illusion consulting hook me up.
    RIP

~The Imagineer~

Andrew de Ruiter

Download part 1 of Andrew's Black Book of ideas for haunts here:
    http://www.epubbud.com/book.php?g=EGQDK8HZ

Comment

August, September and October are busy times for working haunted attractions. I can't imagine anyone wanting someone trying to shoot a film in their haunt while they are doing last minute prep for October or while their attraction is open.
      sigpic
      Louis Brown
      Owner, operator, and dish washer
      at
      DarkWood Manor

Comment

Have you seen the movie House of Fears?

Comment

Hightower Entertainment
          hightowerentertainment@gmail.com
          Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

Originally posted by tonguesandwich View Post
            Have you seen the movie House of Fears?
            Yes. Thankfully we're dealing with a good script.

Comment

Originally posted by lurker View Post
              August, September and October are busy times for working haunted attractions. I can't imagine anyone wanting someone trying to shoot a film in their haunt while they are doing last minute prep for October or while their attraction is open.
              Yeah, thats a good point and I was thinking the same thing. I was hoping a that production covering their costs for that week would help.

Comment

Do you have a preference on what part of the country?

Comment

Working...
                X