No announcement yet.

scareLA convention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone post a report and some pictures!!!

We tried to help this show put it up on our facebook!

If they had asked we would have added to our tradeshow list but no one did.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

heres the best video to give you the all around just of the convention. I only took pictures with my family and one video of me wearing a mask. Not very helpful.
      Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Comment

Here's some info and pics: http://www.laweekly.com/slideshow/ha...e-la-40153441/
        http://www.bigscaryshow.com
        http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Congrats Scare LA

According to the posted videos it looked like a good turn out! There have been posts talking about how it wasn't marketed and how the pro haunters would not go to which I would say yes and no..or no and yes. Obviously it was not marketed to the pro haunters. It is in August where we are all too busy prepping for our shows. We are not going to take time away from set-up, marketing and production of our own attractions which are our livelihoods. As far as a motivational time, again motivation is something at this time of the year if you don't have it, you'll be out of business.

From the video they had people attend, LA is a big market. Looking at the vendors it was obviously geared to haunt enthusiasts. Individual haunted houses were vendors. Haunts do not promote themselves at TW because TW attendees will be busy in October! For home haunters and enthusiasts August is a good time to motivate them. If the vendors had cash and carry or smaller items you might even get your stuff before October 31st, but again a pro haunter needs stuff by August, Sept. at the latest.

You see the mix of vendors and seminars geared towards enthusiasts and that's who they marketed to, haunt enthusiasts in the LA area. Again a huge market and some of its inhabitants will plunk down big bucks for their home displays. Many of we consider the pros of the industry again WORK in the industry so they are busy! If you own or run a haunt, you are working. If you don't, then you could afford to go. If you are based in LA you could also sneak away for a bit. But to travel, too much time.

Could this show survive in a time frame when pro haunters could attend? Unknown. With all the other shows, we still only have so much time and money. Focusing on enthusiasts right before they intend to get excited and do things...good choice.

Good show, for what it was intended, absolutely yes. If its goal is the pro haunt market, it won't happen. If I was in LA with time to spare I'd go. However it was a bit of a "tame" show... the girl from Shot In The Dark (always running around with her breasts decorated) had a DRESS on!!!

Good luck and future success.
          R&J Productions
          Las Vegas, NV
          www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

The show seemed packed to me and it was a great time. You could tell you're in LA, because the make up and costumes made the ones you see at Transworld look pretty mild by comparison. Very motivating show!

Jake

Comment

Can someone tell me a little more about the vendor at the 13:45 mark in the above video? Who made the winged angel statue? Thanks, Allan

Comment

Its Dapper Cadaver here is their web site http://www.dappercadaver.com/ Its run and owned by B.J. Winslow and he is a great guy to deal with. His phone is (818) 771-0818 hope thats what you needed
                Phatman

Comment

cool show ...

i only found out about 2 weeks ago about this show ... Spectra-illusions sent me an email ...

i met a new friend in Tombstone Az. 4 weeks ago that owns the Tombstone ghost and Legends tour Antimated attraction ... VERY COOL !! i also told him about Scare LA , he went and said it was awesome and very crowded with people ...

... he learned alot and is now HOOKED on this Halloween Stuff !!!

he just bought the place acouple of years ago and always wanted to know who made this stuff ...

he told me that he thinks Holloween Productions built it and the owner was a guy named Larry ?? ...Lol

he also said it was almost impossible to get " Larry " on the phone .. as he wants to add and change stuff around ..

he had some problems with some of the equipment and wants to upgrade ...

i walked through the tour and told him who made what prop or controller for each room , and he is now in touch with many different vendors ...

Larry , i know Terri would love to talk to you ... i did tell him that you are VERY busy this time of the year ...

here is Terri's place in Tombstone ........ i cant wait to get back there and help ....

Comment

Tell him to call me ... 314 504 3970.

I did try to call him back and left a message never heard back. We are around!!

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President
                    www.HalloweenProductions.com
                    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Ok Larry , i will ... thx

Comment

Originally posted by austind View Post
                        Its Dapper Cadaver here is their web site http://www.dappercadaver.com/ Its run and owned by B.J. Winslow and he is a great guy to deal with. His phone is (818) 771-0818 hope thats what you needed

Thanks Phatman! I had a hunch is was Dapper Cadaver when I saw the bodies but I wasn't sure.

Allan

Comment

Working...
                        X