No announcement yet.

Best sites your pick...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are bad ass sites Redcrow... Love the killer movies one!

Comment

Originally posted by tonguesandwich View Post
      Those are bad ass sites Redcrow... Love the killer movies one!
      Thanks a lot, I appreciate your kind words!
      http://www.redcrowdesign.net

Comment

That Scarefest site looks similar to the Hauntworld site....wonder if they're related
        Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

The Village of Darkness

I am very proud to see the Dead Acres site listed as one of the best sites of all - I do think it's a very unique site and unlike any others we have ever done.

I remember working back and forth on that website, and with my staff. I walked into the room and started the conversation with my graphics team like this...

"We are going to be working on a website, but nothing like we have done before....I want you to picture this. Imagine if Dante's Inferno could be written in the modern era....let's start with that concept for a haunted house. I've spoken with the owner and he has some really unique ideas and I want this to be completely over the top. For example, we are going to design two succubi dancing on stripper poles...."

That website was really crazy to make with the team...we pulled graphics from all over the place. One of the nicest owners to deal with as well, I've found in general, the Ohio haunt owners are quite a great group of people. One of our very first halloween websites ever was the Haunted Hydro.

As far as FLASH websites, I would like to point out, there is still quite a good solid use of Flash in today's world. You just absolutely HAVE to get a website designer/programmer who knows has experience with them. Myself and my team have taken classes on Search Engine Optimization, Flash in the modern place and mobile website design. This is really important.

If you JUST make a Flash website (100% flash only) - then Larry and others are correct, that's no good - way to many mobile devices are in use today.

However, if your website designer knows how to incorporate all of that together, then nothing beats a great unique flash site.
          For example, we just finished Scare Farm.

http://www.ScareFarm.com

You will see a very unique Flash Website, lots of animation and great hayride/walk thru feel to it...classic design.

However, if you use a Mobile device, the website AUTOMATICALLY detects that you are using a ipad, iphone or one of over 4000 devices and takes you to the mobile device. which has ZERO flash in it.

Thus, your designer should give you options and be able to make you a custom flash website, a mobile website, and a great SEO site all in one if you desire such. It can always even be added later (for example, Dead Acres could always add a mobile element to their cool flash site at any time)

We don't do cookie cutter sites (we strive for unique-ness and quality over quantity), thus, they do take quite a bit longer to create, but the results can really help you stand out in your market and give you a great first impression.

Remember, a lot of people (the decision makers especially) are in an office environment and thus use flash and other things to determine for example WHERE they are going for a weekend. It's still important a lot. The mobile is really important as well, I just wouldn't sacrifice one for the other....both are important. To many plain jane sites look the same (or look cookie cutter) and that is terrible if you are trying to make your haunted attraction stand out from everyone else.

We are currently in the process of working on Nevermore Productions, really great guy and it is coming out with a very cool victorian haunted house feel to it.

http://www.nevermoreproductions.net/

Sincerely,

Robert Hightower
          The Village of Darkness - Website Design
          www.TheVillageOfDarkness.com
          Rob@TheVillageOfDarkness.com
          Robert Kocher
          Xanthar of the Museum

The Village of Darkness
          www.TheVillageOfDarkness.com

Comment

Technology will sway

I believe technology will sway... You will need BOTH a entertaining website AS WELL as a mobile site...

People may enjoy using their cell phones but EVERYTHING looks better on a pc.

I've heard colleagues complain about ours and I've even thought about changing it / updating it with a all new design...

Redcrowdesign.net creates some of the most eyeGASMIC websites.

His websites are both flash and mobile and in my belief he blows the competition away.

Be sure to check them out !
            "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
            www.maliciousstudios.com
            "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
            http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

Working...
            X