Editor, Publisher, Printer Info Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editor, Publisher, Printer Info Needed

I have compiled a manuscript of about 250 pages filled with haunt ideas. This is my first time exploring writing for haunters and I have no connections. Does anyone know an editor, publisher, printer who has published for haunters?
    RIP

~The Imagineer~

Andrew de Ruiter

Download part 1 of Andrew's Black Book of ideas for haunts here:
    http://www.epubbud.com/book.php?g=EGQDK8HZ

My opinion? Make it an e-book, sell it online, and be done with it.

Comment

You're opinion is on the money with an ebook!!!
      Here are the guys that can teach you how.. Google their courses. Andy Jenkins is my favorite and top video marketer too!

Andy Jenkins
      Armand Morin
      Gary Ambrose

Comment

Editor, Publisher, Printer Info Needed

Originally posted by NightmareAftershockLLC View Post
        My opinion? Make it an e-book, sell it online, and be done with it.
        Guys, thanks for the info on the Ebook. I will do some research, because it sounds to me like it's the way to go. Thanks again.
        RIP

~The Imagineer~

Andrew de Ruiter

Comment

Absolutely! Ebook all the way bro.

No one wants to wait anymore, and that's what'll work the best imo. They'll see it, and go "Hmm, I have that in paypal... *click*" lol.

Comment

Editor, Info Needed

Thanks for all the info on ebooks. I found a reliable way to make this happen. I do have a few more steps before I post the results. I need an editor. I used Word to write the manuscript and it has great correction features but I would still like to have it done by a pro. Any recommendations?
            RIP

~The Imagineer~

Andrew de Ruiter

Comment

Good choice!

Sounds like you are well on the way to eBook production. You made the right choice. I have published 6 books to date (and several revisions of those books) through McGraw-Hill, but I am contemplating the eBook route and self publishing myself on the next big project. As far as an editor, there are some great companies that do the eBook production for you, as well as provide editing services. A good editor can get pricey but the eBook companies can be the best route to go.
              Travis "Big T" Russell
              President
              Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

If you make it an EBOOK its a file people very easy email all over the web. I would say print the thing and sell it... we sell lots of books on our haunted house supply store. Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President
                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Oops double post, see below. Sorry about that :/
                  Last edited by NightmareAftershockLLC; 05-29-2013, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Oh Larry don't be so naive. Every one of your magazines I have digitally scanned and used OCR text recognition software to make them all searchable PDF's for my future reference.

The difference? Most people are genuinely honest and forthright. You are thinking negatively about this, when really it appears you aren't up to speed on the current ebook trends such as kindles and apple bookstore. They are all licensed and only readable on the devices that the current owner owns.

And guess what, your dvd's? I ripped every single one of them onto a hard drive in an EASILY distributable format. But I don't give them away, or offer them to anyone. Why?! Because I'm HONEST. And MOST people are, especially those in our industry, which may be this man's target market to begin with...

If we want to go that far, Adam from Poison Props sells CD's that are write protected and I STILL have them in an MP3 format at this point. Granted I am working for a local haunt that purchased them and I'm doing their sound design, and they gave me these files, and Adam is okay with you converting them through iTunes anyways, but still.

If people want something, they'll get it. The difference, again, is honest people.

The days of pirating are all but over, with ICE stepping in and keeping tabs on "freeware" sites and such, ebook is the way of the future, period.

If I buy ANY book nowadays it's via amazon's kindle store, apple's bookstore, or Barnes and noble's nook.

If someone wants to pirate your shit, print or not it'll happen, sorry to say.

Comment

Ah yes, not to mention ebooks are MUCH cheaper to start, publish, and distribute.

Comment

Working...
                      X