Superman Flying Rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superman Flying Rig

Some people have been talking about flying rigs so I thought I would share some information.
    We sell a superman flying rig for inside use.
    The harness is a superman style harness called the ECO prone (certified harness) and 2 safety D rings are also certified for this use.

the cost is $900 for an 8' system. Tracks can be added for additional length.
    the system includes: harness, 2 safety d rings, 1 double trolley, 1 8' track w 4 mounting brackets welded in place, and 1 swivel.

individual pricing

$575 for the certified harness
    $40 each for the certified D rings
    $130 double track trolley (2400 lb)
    $90 for 8' track with 4 brackets
    $25 for the swivel

Add a Scream cube to the harness with several wav sound files for additional impact for $549

All you have to do is mount 6 x 6s into the ceiling or on top of your walls and bolt the tracks to those 6x6 s. And build a platform at each end of the track for your actors to kneel on.

We can also develop custom costuming around this system. We did a bat for the Scarywood attraction we did in 2010, so we still have the mold for that bat mask.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gore Galore; 05-26-2013, 09:23 AM.
    Kevin R. Alvey
    info at gore-galore.com
    www.gore-galore.com
    www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
    www.youtube.com/goregalore13
    www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Flying Rigs

This is really cool, and I wish I had the ceiling space to mount one. My only comment would be one of concern. As one who has been in the entertainment production business for far too long, I have seen my share of accidents from certified riggers who knew what they were doing. Simple mistakes have caused many falling accidents. In the entertainment industry today, all venues are now required to have a complete safety system installed in their ceilings, where riggers are "clipped in" with two straps at all times. I am not saying that is necessary here, but it worries me when I go to a haunt and find "garage rigged" stuff and people flying around the room on them - even with certified harnesses. We need to educate the haunt community on rigging safety to prevent accidents from marring such a cool effect. Clancy is a great source for educational materials and specifications such as load calculations, etc. It might sound like overkill, but it doesn't take a long fall to seriously injure someone.
    Travis "Big T" Russell
    President
    Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Travis,
      May I just say you handled your comment in a very careful and respectful way.
      And I really appreciate that.
      I will look into Clancy for more info on rigging to make sure what we provide is the safest product we can provide.
      Like I said, the harnesses and the D rings are certified, but that doesn't mean those that use them are doing it in the safest way.
      And if we cannot provide the safest in product possible, well, we will not sell it.
      Kevin R. Alvey
      info at gore-galore.com
      www.gore-galore.com
      www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
      www.youtube.com/goregalore13
      www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X