wallpaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wallpaper

i have some old prepasted wallpaper that i am trying to stick to osb plywood but it dose not stick to it ,i have tried a bottle of wallpaper paste and 3m spray glue
    and nothing works for me, how do you all get it it stick,thank you for any help.

Is the osb painted? Your glue may be just soaking into the wood.
    Phatman

Comment

no its not painted ,but trying to stick it to the smooth side of the osb plywood

Comment

But even on drywall you need to seal it. That may be the problem. You can size the wall with wallpaper pase diluted with water as a primer. Should stick then.
        Phatman

Comment

Oh forgot to mention that the size needs to dry before installing wall paper
          Phatman

Comment

Staple gun
            Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

Very simple solution that worked for me after having the exact same problem. Go to your local hardware store and pick up a gallon of Elmers Glue and a a couple cheap paint brushes. Be careful though, you will never get the wallpaper off ever again no matter how hard you try.

Try it, it will work!

Howie
              1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

DAMN SEAN! You beat me to "staple gun"!

Glueing is a pain. Customers will have NO idea whether you used a staple gun...or glue....

Hell.....to be honest, there's about a ZERO chance of wallpaper going on this year, I'm just painting everything on, those stereotypical "wallpaper-esque" stencils from home depot work just fine and save me from having to worry about anything ripping/tearing, or bs from the fire marshal about whether somethings flamable or not.

Comment

any other suggestions? the elmer's glue did not work ,cant staple it, it is in high traffic spots ,any help would be appreciated,thank you

Comment

Elmer's should have worked if you spread it across the entire surface of the paper. It has worked for me at least 7 times that I can think of. But you can also try spray adhesive and see how that works. My last thought, though it could pricey would be Gorilla Glue. That bonds anything to anything, I love this stuff. The Gorilla Tape is also amazing!

Good luck,

Howie
                    1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

any other help?(please)

Comment

sticky situations

In your original post you said it was prepasted. You might want to try an iron to heat the adhesive on the back of the paper while it is on the plywood.

I hope this helps you. But please don't look past using temporary solutions. In two years or less you will need to change the walls anyway. If you have access to wide double stick tape try that along the edges and middle on the plywood.
                        RIP

~The Imagineer~

Andrew de Ruiter

Download part 1 of Andrew's Black Book of ideas for haunts here:
                        http://www.epubbud.com/book.php?g=EGQDK8HZ

Comment

Working...
                        X