U 2 House of Boo :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U 2 House of Boo :(

I tell ya .. Man am I disappointed. My wife wanted the projection doll house at the show not for the haunt but for house decor during the season.
    Well I received it and it looked like they took the floor model and some one sat on it breaking it into a dozen pieces. Taking the pieces glue and wood chunks and all, and packing it carefully (not shipping damage). I open it am like what the heck! I Send photos to other big vendor friends and ask am I over reacting? They couldn't believe it either.. Ill post pics when I get back from vacation. It will take me longer to clean and piece this together then just build a new one. Insult to injury they won't even return a call to discuss it.
    I've been screwed by many vendors for way more money and never complained on any forum. But this is just so dishearting because I know there are good peeps associated with this group... Pretty upsetting.
    Now I have to waste my time going through the process of recovery. Just Wow! I don't get it

Sorry to hear! The guys from The House of Boo are great and I'm sure they'll get you fixed up! What contact information do you have for them?

I know most of their crew personally and I know that the two owners are extremely busy opening up a show out in Orlando, so that may be why you are having a problem with getting a hold of them.

I stand behind them 100% and I'm positive they will do whatever it takes to correct this problem!

I will notify them of this post and hopefully they will get in touch!
    Zach Wiechmann
    www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

I agree with Zach, I have never had a problem with them and they have always back their products so I would not worry it will get fixed. They have the haunt they are working on in Orlando and I think they were at the Extreme show so that may be why they have not contacted you back. These guys are good people and I trust them enough to do deals on a hand shake. Sorry about you house, I thought it was cool but didn't know what iI would do with it.
      Phatman

Comment

Yeah.. Like I said I know the guys are good guys.. And I did wait for a response cause I though they might be at the show in Florida. I have their phone and have left several messages over the weeks with no response. I honestly don't know how that could ship that way unless they hired a kid to do it for them who thought hey I could make this fit better in the box if I break this into a dozen pieces.. The worst one I had that actually delivered was Scarefactory, a while back, they accidentally broke parts off the prop and instead of fixing they shrinked wrapped the broken parts to the top of the prop... That was a easy win on that one with a few other things they did.. But it took time to file etc and as someone with very large buying power I haven't felt security to purchase from them again first hand. Even though they removed the guy I was dealing with.
        Again I'm stunned and not out to cause harm... Just what the heck? All I want is what I paid for... Not a box of trash and what looks to be a used TV. Hope this is just a freak incident!

Comment

Tonguesandwich,

My name is Jim and I co-own, along with Jay Westerman, Haunt 2013 and The House of Boo. I just arrived back in Dallas from being in Orlando for the Halloween Extreme show to a Facebook message from Zach about your post. We took our entire team to the Orlando show and have been out of town since last Tuesday the 21st, which is why we haven't received your voice mails.

I'm very sorry to hear about the condition the doll house showed up in. I've personally had this sort of thing happen with other vendors, and am devastated that someone has had a bad experience with our own company. I will forward this post to Allen Hopps who is in charge of the production and shipping for this year's product line to make sure we take care of you. You can also reach me directly at jim[MENTION=21132]Haunt[/MENTION]2013.com. We truly appreciate your business.

Best regards,
          Jim Shackelford, Co-owner
          Haunt 2013, LLC
          The House of Boo
          Legends Dark Amusements
          Jim Shackelford, Co-Owner
          Haunt 2013, LLC
          and
          The House of Boo
          Dallas, TX
          www.haunt2013.com
          www.thehouseofboo.com

Comment

Oops, forgot the site won't post emails... that's jim at haunt2013 dot com

Thanks,
            Jim
            Jim Shackelford, Co-Owner
            Haunt 2013, LLC
            and
            The House of Boo
            Dallas, TX
            www.haunt2013.com
            www.thehouseofboo.com

Comment

K.. Looks like a fluke! Great guys.. Been on the phone with em. Very confident at it being resolved. Would buy again with confidence!

Comment

Glad to hear this was resolved. They are great people!
                Zach Wiechmann
                www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Yes yes I agree!! The House Of Boo is awesome. They stand behind everything they sell. Zach is totally correct!! You can be assured you can buy with confidence from the House of BOO!!

Sue
                  http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

This is great to see, the business owner coming on to address the issue. Well done.

On a separate note I still think the name House of Boo doesn't sound to me like a great name for a high quality prop seller, but that's my opinion. I thought I watched one of the Stiltbeast videos where Allen was critical of someone yelling Boo! Just sounds so juvenile. But regardless of the name and my personal opinion, it's great to see someone standing behind their business.

Jake

Comment

I hated to see something like this happen to a company that is so new. I am very happy this was resolved !!! must have just been an unfortunate fluke .
                      I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Comment

Working...
                      X