5 km Zombie Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 km Zombie Run

Has anyone tried to run a 5 km Zombie Run? We decided to try it this year late Sept., to raise money and also promote our Haunt.
    First week of registration online and it's really busy. We may reach our cap in July. Our actors from the Haunt will infest the trail along the 5 km Run.

https://www.facebook.com/ZombieTrailRun

I would also look into the Run For Your Lives run. www.runforyoulives.com

I really like the ideas they have for the run and then using the runners in previous heat to go back and be zombies as well. It apparently is a huge thing down in the Lower 48. I wouldn't mind doing it hear but I dont know if they would run faster from the zombies or the Grizzley that wanders onto the course in the middle of the run...

Rob
    Fairbanks Asylum

Comment

I participated in The Zombie Run in Charlotte a couple weeks ago. Had 4000 runners their first year. LOTS of fun.

www.thezombierun.com
      http://www.bigscaryshow.com
      http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

It's incredible! We seem to be attracting a completely different demographic. The local Mud Run reached their cap of 13,000 here this month. I am pretty sure we will reach our cap of 1000 by July if our first week of registration is any indication.
        We are going to wrap a 16 foot trailer to advertise and it will be a place to do our make-up on run day.
        We have a large team of athletes and their families dressed as our Zombies.
        I hope the Run will also help us have the busiest Haunted House season. Last year the numbers were down.

Comment

it does sound like fun, but I'd be curious how many people who go the event will actually come to the haunt. You should do something to track it and encourage it, like give them all coupons for a % off their regular ticket. Try to get their email address during registration as well. That way you can send a reminder and you see how many people from the run show up at the haunt. Good luck.
          www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

New Source of Income!

Why not use it as a new source of revenue? You might get some of the people to come to the haunt, but all of the runs I have seen have made good money, and it looks to me like a great new source of revenue to help fund the haunt. I know of one that actually charges the Zombies something like $75 to chase the runners, and they had like 125 Zombies pay to participate! The runners paid even more!
            Travis "Big T" Russell
            President
            Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/ZombieTrailRun

We are getting our trailer wrapped to promote the event. I love it!! The numbers are great for 2 1/2 weeks. We hope to reach our cap of 1000 by mid summer. Next year we will increase the cap with a morning wave and an afternoon wave.

Comment

I think you are going to see a lot of haunted house owners try to produce one of these types of events. Strike while the iron is hot ... why not!

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President
                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I hope it's going to be a hit. Adventure Runs are so popular right now. Run or Dye just came to town on the same day as our Zombie Run. I am not sure if that will hurt us. I remember reading a post of Larry's months ago about Zombie Runs and now I can't find it. You talked about this trend.
                  I was on the fence when I first read the post, but since, jumped right in to give it a try. A large percentage will go to the Taekwondo Club helping pull this off. We have the actors, costumes, 9 airbrushes and Allen Hopp's tutorials. We have the Zombie part covered. Lots to learn.

Comment

Its all in the logistics

My daughter ran in one, and it was huge. Aside from the Zombies though, I noticed a lot of other logistical things that had to be covered. EMS spread all over the course, checkpoints to hand out liquids, a roped are for the runners to finish without impediment from the lookers. Local PD to direct traffic in and out of the parking lot, I counted about 20 in the parking lot making sure people could park properly. Registration area for the runners where they learned the rules, staging area for the runners, and of course, depending on how many runners, they usually stage them so they are not all running at once. Numbers to pin to the runners shirts, a picture area for the runners to get their pictures when it was done, the local DJ for the finish line. And don't forget the mud! They were running in the early spring so it was still a little cold out, and it rained the night before so the mud was good and cold.

I have been thinking about this as well, and might look into it for next year. Lots of logistics to keep it running smooth!
                    Travis "Big T" Russell
                    President
                    Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Most of the folks that registered so far are women, 65%. We have great volunteers that ran a number of marathons.
                      Their knowledge and connections are priceless. People are registering everyday. Facebook, kijiji and posters are my only way to advertise right now until the wrapped trailer is ready. We plan to take that everywhere..other Runs, Parades, Summer Zombie Walk etc..

Comment

Working...
                      X