pneumatic props - maintenance % poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pneumatic props - maintenance % poll

I hear alot of professional haunts preferring actors over pneumatic props for one reason - that they are high maintenance, I'm curious as to what % of the following categories make up the highest maintenance:

1) pneumatic parts (cylinders, hoses, fittings..etc)
    2) Armiture or mechanical structures
    3) Prop attachment parts to structures
    4) Prop upkeep, touchup..due to wear and tear from thousands of activations.

More than one reason

Pneumatic props have their place but nothing replaces an actor. If you do not have actors you do not have a haunt. Pneumatic props have their place though.
    Some are great eye candy, some can get startle scares, and most are great diversions for the actors to get their scares. We have not had many issues with the props breaking.
    Maybe we are lucky- I'm not sure. We did have a solenoid fail on one and a mechanical failure (bolt) on the armature of another. Nothing too major.
    I think they are great to have and I also think a lot of guests expect to see them at a haunted attraction. I am sure others will weigh in as well.

Comment

For the most part (in my experience) it is a failure of welds, parts, and brackets. Rarely will you find a Bimba cylinder or STC valve fail....

Comment

usually

pivot points experience the most failure...sometimes welds break if driven too hard, or animation is poorly designed... pneumatic part failure happens if you don't have a compressed air dryer installed causing moisture to wreak havoc on the seals...

Comment

Welds or low grade steel just rips are big problems but probably the biggest problem of all... drum roll someone!

Steel on Steel pivots with a steel bolt or something no bearings, nothing so steel wears down steal and the animation breaks, falls over, is ruined whatever.

Larry\
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Depends....I have switched bearings so many times on a prop that I went with straight steel to steel with a bolt and 4 years later...still going strong....

stew

Comment

Working...
            X