Ticketing Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ticketing Question

We are a new Trail Haunt operating on 6 acres directly behing a large indoor sports facility. We have been advertising inside the facility for months with banners and flyers. They have roughly 900 people come through that place every weekend for sports related things. We are leasing the land from the owner and last night he told me the buzz is crazy. The owner offered to sell tickets inside of the facility for us as well. He said people are already inside buying things at the concession stands and they could add the Haunt ticket as a button on their system and tally everything up weekly and cut a check. He even offered for us to use an office inside of the facility that we could use to sell out of as well.

We have always thought that we would do all of our own ticket sales. Has anyone had experience with this type of situation? I see the good and bad points. Good points are that people are already there so get the money. Bad points are that we are a stand alone operation and don't want it to appear that we are part of them.

Thoughts? Good, Bad?

Thanks,
    Dan
    Dan's Haunted House
    Fear IS In Everything!

Personally... I think I'd want to account and control my own money and not have to wait on someone else to give it to me, but who knows better than you of your own situation? Perhaps their offer is the best.... perhaps you can work combo-purchase discounts with them in your favor... the possibilities are immense.
    How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

Promoters do this all the time

Concerts do this all the time. Use outlets to sell advance tickets only. Make sure you count the number of tickets you give them, and when its time to cut off sales (or once a week depending on how long they are going to be selling tickets) you go back, collect the leftover tickets, and whats missing they pay you for. My wife collects money every week from various restaurants, etc this way for shows she runs. Works great, its easy to audit (they sign for the tickets you give them and they pay for the tickets they don't give back).

We sell our own simply because we dont have anyone in the near vicinity to sell tickets for us. We do sell online through TicketLeap which works out great as well!
      Travis "Big T" Russell
      President
      Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Working...
      X