Wind effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind effects

I'm trying to create a "tornado" effect with fans and/or blowers. Anybody ever tried this? I know you can get special wind machines, but they are very pricey. I did find a used machine for $600, but I still wonder if there would be a cheaper way to accomplish this. Not sure I want to have a million little fans either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A blower for an inflatable would work well. And usually they can be run always on for long periods of time.

Here is one website that sells them:
    http://www.b-air.com/inflatable/prod...FQWk4AodCQ0AOw

We have the 1 hp ones for our claustrophobia hallway and they spit out quite a bit of wind.

Comment

Great scene idea! You might try looking for used blower motors (also known as squirrel cage fans) from old central air conditioner units. I love those things for really moving a large amount of air. They are also fairly compact and quiet compared to standard fans, and they can be painted black and mounted to walls, floors, rafters, etc. all around your room to get air moving in a circular motion. If you have a Restart Rehab store in your area you can sometimes get a large unit there for under fifty bucks. And there's always Craigslist. Good Luck!
      Darren

Comment

Working...
      X