Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digital Sound and Lighting - Anyone order from them lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Sound and Lighting - Anyone order from them lately?

I ordered a .50 Cal machine gun in 2011 at Transworld from "Digital Sound and Lighting" out of St. Louis, have not heard from them since and I am out almost $3,000. Does anyone know what happened to this business and/or how to look into situations such as this? Their phone has been disconnected as well. I've been emailing them since last year with no responses. Any help would be great!

Wow! Since 2011? Hope it works out....

stew

Comment

I got mine from Hoosier Hot Shot for about half of what Digital Sound and Lighting wanted. I believe theirs was over 4k at the time. I know that doesn't help you, but may keep someone else from having a problem. The guns are usually made to order, mine happened to be in stock at the time and he drove half way to meet me for free.
      Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

I am not worried as much about the gun as I am getting my money back. Curious if anyone has any info on how to deal with companies that have done this to their customers?

Comment

Dsl

For all Ive heard they are out of business. They owe us product/money too! You and I can kiss it goodbuy!!!

Comment

Here is what I know... about 4 months ago they called us and asked if we'd go over to their building and buy stuff laying around. They were selling everything they had as far as I know. I know for sure they moved out of the building they use to be in they are gone from there.

I don't know if they are totally out of business, moved their business, changed their business to focus on something else, or if he went to work for someone ... I have no clue. I do know they moved out of the building they were in and sold a lot of their stuff. Did you try their website?

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Dsl

Larry by chance did he have a couple of boomstick shotguns laying around.. We did send some back for repair and he was supposed to bring them to Transworld and then I found out that he closed up shot.. Tried calling Stan a few times wanting my stuff..

Comment

answer

I would love to get and answer to my question

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I checked into it legally and they said to contact the General attorney in St Louis. They pretty much robbed me of $3,800. That's pretty shady of companies to do that to their customers, I've always had a great experience working with every company in this industry, until this occurred with Digital Sound and Lighting. If anyone knows how to reach him directly or how anyone has handled situations like this from personal experience, please feel free to email me..
                  Last edited by Surgeoen; 06-25-2013, 11:03 AM.

Comment

I'm sure you tried these already but this is what I had for contact.

digitalsoundandlighting@gmail.com

(314)725-6415

Comment

Stan Jung has a facebook page under his name with the Digital Sound and Lighting logo and is in Hawaii, selling things from there, Looks active.
                      Ken L.

http://www.thedreamsofdarkness.com

Comment

Tried the number which is disconnected, numerous emails since beginning of the year, and emailed the facebook account. he doesn't reply at all.

Comment

You know he kept calling asking if we'd come over to buy stuff and we never went... I'm sorry.

Honestly I think he's done. You know this happens every single time when a company is basically going out of business in this industry they take everything and run. Its sad for sure. I hope that is not the case with these guys and they'll get back to you but I'm afraid it is. I just tried to call the number I have for him and it rang playing the Monkee's theme song... maybe its the wrong number. Who knows.

I will say you should trust companies you've worked with for years but in this industry never be too trusting. Look at Haunted Attraction Magazine they just disappeared... don't they owe people magazines, or their money back? I don't know I wasn't a subscriber. Spookywoods FX took everyones money and now I hear he was booted out by Tony and they haven't heard from him in over a year. This type of stuff has happened countless times over the 20 years I've been around.

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President
                          www.HalloweenProductions.com
                          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

DSL Contact

I have these email addresses. I hope this works out for you.

Stan Jung - Audioduke@yahoo.com
                            "D.S.L." - digitalsoundandlighting@gmail.com
                            Dani Reel - dani4reel@gmail.com
                            Sean Hughes - National Sales Manager
                            sean@pixelpushersinc.com
                            312.613.7326 Mobile
                            847.550.6560 X 102 Office
                            844.44.PIXEL X 102 Toll Free

www.pixelpushersinc.com - The nations leading printing and design company for the haunted industry.

Comment

Working...
                            X