World War Z...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World War Z...

Who has seen it? Who is seeing it tonight at Midnight? Lets here some reviews.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Hey Larry,

I enjoyed it.
    VERY VERY suspenseful. and a good story that carried you along for the ride.
    I mean I thought I was only in the theatre for like 30 minutes.
    I honestly said to myself, Its over? and it had been 2 hours.
    and it was great having my wife and friend holding their breath during certain scenes.
    That added to the excitement.

The funny thing. It was NOTHING from the books. Even the main character was different.
    You have to expect that. but still always kind of disappointing.

Plus just sooo very much CGI, but I got used to it and forgot about it after a while. AND they always used it to intensify a scene.
    the concrete makeup effects they had were really good, but I would just liked to have seen more.

Surprisingly not much gore, and you didn't miss it.
    Kevin R. Alvey
    info at gore-galore.com
    www.gore-galore.com
    www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
    www.youtube.com/goregalore13
    www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

I saw it last night. It was a TERRIBLE zombie movie.

BUT.

An extremely entertaining disease outbreak movie. If you think of Contagion if you ever saw that, this was very similar. The disease was zombies. Action was good, some things predictable some things not. Overall very entertianing movie. Don't go if you are expecting a gory Dawn of The Dead. Its PG-13.

PS. I missed these forums sooo much! School is taking soooo long to finish. I can't wait to start saving up to build my first haunt! WOOHOOO!
      Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Comment

Larry, I'm going to see it tonight at the 7:45 showing. I'll be sure to post on here what I thought. I love movies, period. And I don't go to nit pick shlt from a book. A movie is only an interpretation from the director's view of a story.

as far as you " I can't wait to start saving up to build my first haunt! WOOHOOO! "... my biggest tip? Don't go too big! Don't try to overdo it. You can make a memorable haunt with much less foam work, sq ftage with great acting and some good make up. Don't try to do what Larry does!

Dewayne

Comment

Ok. Movie was pretty good. I was very entertained. It got right into it... like... immediately. Yeah, I could call some of the shots but then it blew me away with other things (one in particular)

You could EASILY tell it was absolutely meant for PG13 right off the bat. Not much blood at all. Most blood was on broken glass and a little on floor... and...that... that was about it lol. Story was cool, but I wasn't there for the story, was there to see people fighting zombies :P

Liked it. Wouldn't see it twice in theaters. I'd say a good 6/10 zombie movie, 7/10 action movie. Nothing really sticks out that I didn't like about it.

Definitely try to sit back from it. Watching some of the shakiness hurt my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gore Galore View Post
            Surprisingly not much gore, and you didn't miss it.
            I just noticed that now that you mentioned it. Can't wait to see what they do with the sequel.
            Dr. Saw @ Terrorplex

Comment

Okay I saw it... hmmm!

It was a lot like I Am Legend. When you watch the trailer you just see tons of CGI Zombies but in the movie its really the opposite about 90% actors in zombie make up! It's really like a big budget version of a Walking Dead episode and for a summer popcorn flick it was good.

It tried to scare you for sure... the make up jobs are great.

Was it the best Zombie movie ever made... ahhhh NO! But if you like actions movies or zombie movies or in this case both you'll like this movie but not love it.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I saw this movie Friday night. I was very entertained thoughout the movie. I saw it in 3D which kinda added to the putting you on the edge of your seat. All in all, I expected a little more from it, but was by no means disappointed by it. Well worth the watch, and if you are planning on seeing it in theatres....dish out a little extra to see it in 3D!

Comment

Like I told all my friends. WARNING: IT'S NOTHING LIKE THE BOOK! ! I only caught two vague references to the book. The patient zero stuff who they said was from somewhere near india/china. And the fighting in Russia. Those who read the book probably caught that too, because Russia gets crazy.

The zombies are a mixture of 28 Days Later, and I Am Legend...

With that being said, this movie was about when it started. So I have a feeling Brad Pitt was a part of that "Alpha Team" that figured out how to stop the zombies. I don't recall the book saying how exactly they figured it out. It's been a long time since I read it though.

Sets it up for a good sequel, because they talk about how people are still putting up a fight. I have a feeling the second movie will be like the book, with peoples stories of what happened.

It's a pretty intense movie at times. Being an ex-army guy, and a haunt builder I picked out flaws in some things. At one point in the movie I looked around and everyone was silent. EVERYONE. Not eating, not drinking, just staring at the screen. You could hear a pin drop during the quiet parts. I felt like screaming just to scare the crap out of the people in the movie theater. I might have if I wasn't with my wife. ha ha!

Not the best zombie movie (some of the zombies were quite comical..with their teeth snaping at air), and not the best action movie. I'd give it a 8/10 though.

Comment

Working...
                  X