Universal Studios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Universal Studios

Announced they will build a Cabin in the Woods haunted house. What do you think of that? Would be nice to always build haunts based on movies or tv shows. Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

There's a lot of material they can use there, and I'd love to see it (I always do HHN in Hollywood) but I thought CitW was done by MGM?

Comment

The article I read said they will build a forest that leads to a cabin... I wonder if they will go as far as the control room filled with monsters. I liked that movie!

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

well

Most haunts based on movies are never as good as the movie. And I didn't think the movie was all that great! It was sort of a ripoff of Evil Dead and a modernized version of Halloween 3. So in this case I would say the haunt will be worse than the movie. If that makes sense.
        Damon
        www.frightmasters.weebly.com
        Damon Carson

Comment

Loved the movie. Love the sets and atmosphere at Universal.. Hate the fact you have to go through them in a solid line of people with no spacing. No scare

Comment

Last year I found that the haunts that had no ties to movies video games, music, were better haunts. DEAD END, GOTHIC and HOUSE OF HORRORS, looked better, they worked better and were from what I could tell getting more screams.
            Last edited by SomeThingInTheIce; 07-03-2013, 02:09 PM.
            Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Universal are the only ones I'd trust to do a haunt from a film. They've got the budget and planning to do it right. Other than HHN, I've never seen a haunt made from a movie that I was impressed with. I love the HHN event as a whole - it's my favorite even to visit, hands down. So whether that particular house is over the top or not doesn't bother me. But based on the movie, I'm really excited to see what they do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmer View Post
                Universal are the only ones I'd trust to do a haunt from a film. They've got the budget and planning to do it right. Other than HHN, I've never seen a haunt made from a movie that I was impressed with. I love the HHN event as a whole - it's my favorite even to visit, hands down. So whether that particular house is over the top or not doesn't bother me. But based on the movie, I'm really excited to see what they do with it.
                Ever see Fear Fair? Brett and his crew do an amazing job with their movie themed haunts.
                Zach Wiechmann
                www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

I've always thought doing movie themes is a cop out, kind of the easy way out. It's fine for Universal because they make the movies but haunts should try to be more creative and you could get into licensing trouble.

DA

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                    I've always thought doing movie themes is a cop out, kind of the easy way out. It's fine for Universal because they make the movies but haunts should try to be more creative and you could get into licensing trouble.

True. Haunters did to trust their own creativity. You'd be surprised what you can come up with! And any non-theme park version of Freddy, Jason, etc will never live up to the movie version.

Can't wait to see what Universal does with a Cabin in the Woods haunt, though. Amazing movie and so much potential for an attraction!
                    Ryan

Comment

Well, USO is going to get 2 chances to do the haunted cabin in the woods correctly this year as it has been pretty well leaked that they will also be doing a maze based off of The Evil Dead movie of this year and it looks like USH will be doing one as well.... So more movie tie-ins for ya...

-=CoasterBP

Comment

~source House of Hair Buzzcut ..........Universal Studios Hollywood's Halloween Horror Nights just got a little scarier with the soon-to-debut (September 20) scary 3D maze, Black Sabbath: 13 3D. The new maze, based on the scariest lyrics from Sabbath’s biggest songs, will also include scenes inspired by the band's new studio album, 13. “Horrifying graveyards, disturbing madhouses and bone-chilling battlefields” await...if you dare.

"We were all really excited when Universal Studios Hollywood approached us about doing a 3D Halloween Horror Nights maze based on our music," said Sabbath frontman Ozzy Osbourne. "I've seen the drawings of what it will look like when it's finished and it looks amazing. I can't wait to walk through it on opening night in September." Guests will come face-to-face with a heart-stopping Lucifer and his bride, blood-soaked dead bodies and bubbling pools of "radioactive water" while songs inspired by "Luke's Wall", "Iron Man", "Paranoid", "War Pigs", "Electric Funeral" and, of course, "Black Sabbath" blast the confines of the maze at high volume. Count us in!
                        untitled.png
                        Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

I might try to get out there this year... the last time I went it was simply awesome!

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

Working...
                          X