Theme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theme

How do you theme your haunt? Is it one central theme and all the rooms relate around that or is it a hodge podge of different scenes like one minute you're in a living room, the next your in a mummies tomb, etc?

What do you think is the best approach? Having a central theme and all the rooms going along with that theme or having a little bit of everything?

Also a question for Larry if he should view this thread. I noticed with The Darkness you run the guest go through like a mayan jungle and temple and then later are in a house and what not. How do you tie that all together, what's the central theme?

Nightshade Manor uses one central theme. I've been to the Darkenss several times and the Jungle and Mansion themes are not related. Its basically two attractions housed in one building. The jungle is on the first floor and the mansion is on the second floor. There was no storyline tying them together. Both are awesome!
    Last edited by MindWerxKMG; 06-08-2007, 06:00 PM.
    Kevin
    MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Mine is a Civil War theme and how a famer who turned his farm into a cemetery and went mad at the battle of Old Mill, it is how it all became haunted. The horror is more about what the famer did before, during and after the battle the twist is at the end of the haunt when you enter the Famers Market. "Fresh, picked nightly". Theres the Old Mill bridge and then the Pine Blood Forest, the town of Old Mill, the Cemetery and then the Farmers Market.
      Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

I did an article about theme and backstory that was published in Haunted Attraction. http://www.hauntedattraction.com/ind...position=63:40

I theme my haunts around a central story line, alot of big haunts can do several smaller stoy lines broken up through the atraction.

Hope that helps:
        -PH
        www.HauntGraphics.com

Comment

Most of my theme was made for me by the legends of the hauntings of this house.
          For the first several years I ignored these because I didn't wish to scare anyone away, I changed my mind about this after I thought about some really bad extreme reactions someone could have if they saw something supernatural and they thought that they were simply losing their mind, got committed.
          "No, it's the house, not your mind!"
          The rest of the theme is filled in with my own personal artwork and my unusual way of looking at things.......and the possibility that you are trapped inside a big old spooky house with a madman!
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
          X