Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about this idea?

I came up with an idea last night.

I thought, why can't costomer's disapear while going through the haunt? How is this possible? MAGIC!!!!! LOL

This is how it would work:

It would take a lot of extra actors that would stand in the line just like paying customers. These actors would act like paying customers and would show a stamp on the palm of their hand to the ticketers to be given a special ticket.

I would be using the rope line guide through the haunt. So as people are lined up on the rope the actors would be placed at the ends so that they could disapear or be taken hostage at some point in the haunt.

Know if you were on the rope line, would'nt you know if someone was on the line behind you? I KNOW I WOULD!

This would creap out some people. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Brian

We use "shills" (actors portraying patrons) in line at Nightshade Manor. Once inside the attraction, certain "shills" are carried off by our creatures. What do you mean by rope line guide? A rope that your patrons hold on to as they walk through the attraction? If this is what you are referring to, sounds like a bad idea to me. Rope line guides are not safe and can cause injury. I'm not aware of any professional haunt that uses them.
    Kevin
    MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

I have seen them in use. And they work WELL. It helps prevent things from happening. I believe that there is another haunt on here that uses the rope method as well.

I like what you do with you actors. It must work well for you. I might lean that way if we get enough people to work our haunt.

Brian

Comment

One night a group wanted to all be taped together to go through my house. It was trully nutty. After a few rooms it wasn't working and they took their tape off.
        I think we used that ribbed packaging tape, strong stuff!
        I can see the rope idea only working safely if there are employees of large size and strong grip on each end of the rope to keep people from getting yanked into a corner or to the floor too quickly by rammy others who may simply be terrorized or just stupid, maybe not realising how easy it is to hurt someone yanking on a rope.
        Imagine when the rope leaves the darkness and as the patrons on the beginning of the rope look back and only a bloody stump caught on the rope comes into the light!!!
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Sounds like a fun idea. Instead of kidnapping, How about killing someone(a worker) thats waiting in line? Would that be going too far?

Comment

Not going to far at all. I have killed off shills before and plan to do so again this year. The trick is, don't try to get them in every group. Pick good groups to slip your actors in here or there.

We have considered taking this a step farther an occasionally killing of real members of the group. This would require reading people well and a little covert communications. If we do it, I will let you know how it goes.

As for the rope idea, I see some potential for problems. It might work, but I don't think I would risk it.
            Lords of Chaos, LLC
            House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

Comment

Couple quick things...

First I think everyone needs to RELOAD their avatars. Try it and see if it starts working.

Anyway back to the subject at hand... hmmm.

Making someone disappear. This can be done in a varity of ways...ask any magic man! LOL.

Anyway several years ago when I was about 10 years old I checked out this book about building haunted houses and inside was a how to about disapearing.

Anyway the book showed how you could build a brick wall then take brooms on booth ends of a middle section of a wall, then paint them to match the bricks, from there you could walk through the wall. Sounds fun!

But when you're talking about making a customer disappear or gags in line those are always fun! Did anyone ever seen the Arnold Chase gag from Hartford Happenings?

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I used to disappear by stepping around the corner up onto a 18 inch high box, then hold my arm out spanning the doorway allowing my black cape to hang down like a curtain. People would push the "curtain" aside and look way down the empty hallway, they would take another step and look up and see me and scream and jump straight back!
                Lots of FUN!
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Well it sounds like you all have differant opinions. It was just a thought. I like all of your ideas on killing guests and workers. Sounds like something to look into.

Thanks to all your comments. I know everyone is busy know with their own haunts.

Brian

Comment

Hello To all!

I think it is an awsome Idea! :-D I had planned to do this also this year just to freak people out since I am a small production this year I am trying to make it as bet as I can! I have seen it done before and it really messes with people especially if you do it for example in a medium light room or well lite room like a dot room with clowns that snatch a person in the middle of the group of 6 people and drag them into a box! Never To Re- Appear! There is a million ways to do it!

Comment

I think it would be way cool if you can secure the cooperation of one person in a group and have them dragged off, then take them backstage directly to a room a couple of rooms down the line where they get set up as "remains". Like with one of those illusion props that make a person look headless or torn in half, or the table with the mirror under it for the old "head on a plate" trick. I bet they'd have so much fun messing with their friends they'd have no problem with missing a couple of rooms to be a part of the show.

Discreetly contacting someone in a group without tipping off the rest of them would be mighty tricky I would think. If they see him speaking with anyone from the staff at all, they'll know something's up the moment he's dragged away and they'll be waiting for the payoff. Hmmmmm.....

Comment

Not quite the same as someone disappearing but at Erebus at one point they take the person who appears to be most scared and make them go through a room by themselves. They have like a window so the rest of the group can watch them.

It really tends to be great for the group, for the unlucky person not so much.

Comment

Neat idea Undertaker. I bet it works well.

Comment

Working...
                          X