Zombie Paintball CO2 vs Nitrogen or compressed air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zombie Paintball CO2 vs Nitrogen or compressed air

I operated a paintball attraction last year and had some issues on colder nights (mid to upper 30's F) that our paintball guns would freeze up because of the cold weather and not enough dwell time to heat up the co2. I have talked to several people about converting to Nitrogen this year to eliminate the freezing issue. Has anyone used nitrogen or what are you currently using? I only have local welding shops here that can supply nitrogen bottles at 2200psi which means I will be changing out bottles like crazy to keep up with the amount of patrons shooting. What are some other ideas or things that you are doing on your setups? I have also thrown around the idea of adding expansion chambers and running the co2 through it before entering the guns. Any help is appreciated !!

Uh. Compressed air. CO2 is too expensive. Buy divers tanks, setup a regulator system, and go with it. Most of the pros (I believe) ONLY use compressed air.

Comment

That would be an option but I don't have anyone near me that can fill the bottles. I'm limited to what my welding supplier can get which is nitrogen bottles with 2200 psi or C02. The CO2 is $15 for a refill on a 50lb bottle so it's not expensive it just has issues in the cold weather.

Comment

No fire departments?!

Comment

Some fire departments fill for a fee that goes to their recreational fund, etc...

Comment

Our fire department has a $25,000 set up for air tanks and we are a small town. Maybe do a donation to the fire mans fund in exchange for them filling tanks. They also run at 3000 psi so you get more time out of each tank.
            Phatman

Comment

Yessir! And no pressure drop. That's what I'm getting at, scratch their backs, they can scratch yours...

Comment

Compressed AIR!!!

Compressed air all the way.....better on the guns and the performance. No freezing issues and much better shot control so that you don't get that up and down in pressure like you do in CO2. I've seen some my local paintball shops and fields use a compressor to fill tanks......I'm not sure what type of compressor and I'm sure it would be an investment but it would probably pay off in the end. Contact the largest local field to you and see where they get their supply from or what they do?

Comment

Crossland, how is your system set up? I own Zombie Safari Paintball and we build the trailers and systems to run these attractions. Give me a call and we can discuss your options. I can help you with your needs. A high pressure compressor new will run you about $8000+ but there are other options. 5738817061.

Greg
                  Zombie Safari Paintball
                  Greg Allen
                  scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
                  www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

I talked with Greg Allen earlier today and he was a huge help!! Thanks for everyone elses help as well. It's nice to find people like Greg that are more than willing to give advice to the smaller haunt guys.

Comment

I play paintball personally, you can get adaptors for a scuba tank to fill some HPA tanks . Co2 is alot harder on the guns and if your looking to get more out of your guns then youll want HPA so that they dont brake down. Large Scuba fill tanks shouldnt be to hard to find at a fair price.
                      http://limbohaunt.com
                      Twitter: @LimboHaunt

Comment

Adam's right. CO2 is nothing but trouble for Paintball Markers. They can cause velocity drops when shooting strings of paint, can cause freezing, or even chop balls, and EVERYONE should know, chopping is the LAST thing you want while playing paintball, EVEN MORE SO when you're running a zombie shoot!

Glad you got something figured out. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                        X