Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are accepting no more orders for 2013 season:

WE ARE ACCEPTING NO MORE ORDERS FOR 2013 SEASON:

We are both sorry to say and also very happy to say we have reached our order max for 2013. We are NOT accepting anymore orders for delivery for the 2013 season. We apologize for the inconvenience but like we say. Honesty is our best policy. We won't take your money, if we can't fill your order.

However if you would like to be placed on our call list please feel free to email us at info at gore-galore.com with the items you are interested in and your phone #. This is first come, first serve. We have no guarantees we will get to the call list but it is the best way to get your order in after we complete our current order schedule. This has been our normal procedure for the last couple years and it has worked great for us.

Thank you to ALL who have supported us this season and over the years. We continue to learn and grow and always work to be the best company and people we can be. It is with your support and help that we can continue on that path. It has been an amazing and inspiring journey this year, and next years product line will show it.
    Here are a couple of the sculpts I have done this year for customers and for next years lineup.

-The white zombie head is for a 12' specter actormatronic for Dark Hour haunted house in Plano Texas.
    -The Crocosaurus sculpt was for Brad Webb and Nashville Nightmare in Madison Tennessee.

If you want to see these beasts in action this season, please visit these haunts. Great haunts that could use your support.
    Attached Files
    Kevin R. Alvey
    info at gore-galore.com
    www.gore-galore.com
    www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
    www.youtube.com/goregalore13
    www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Congrats Kevin, this is a good problem to have.
    http://www.bigscaryshow.com
    http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

That's very responsible of you to do.

Jake

Comment

taking care of business

Any company that accepts more orders than they know they can handle is NOT being responsible.
        I could be wrong but I don't think ANY company takes orders they know they can't do just to take customer's money. Ok, I know a few.
        But there are LOTS of companies who take orders and don't really know how long it takes for them to fill their orders.
        Or things happen that screw them up along the way, and they just don't know how to man up and say they screwed up. Most customers understand and appreciate honesty.
        And "Honesty is OUR best policy"
        that doesn't mean we don't screw up. It happens. I just try to own it and learn from it.
        I, nor my company, are better than anyone else.
        I just try to be a responsible business owner and earn my customers respect and repeat business.
        and you do that by TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS.
        Last edited by Gore Galore; 07-13-2013, 06:11 AM.
        Kevin R. Alvey
        info at gore-galore.com
        www.gore-galore.com

sigpic

Comment

I think what is going to be best going forward in our industry if more haunt owners get on track I've been going on... don't wait for Transworld order stuff you know you want in October or after the season is over. I've talked to a few vendors now and they all mostly tell me the same thing. I think if you really want something order in the winter get deals, get your stuff sooner, and realize you have more time to be creative with what you buy.

I'm happy to hear vendors are doing so well... but I'm sure they would agree spread the orders out over the year is better for them and you!

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Larry,
            I think that is a great way to do business.
            And also helps your vendors stay in business .
            ALL vendors have slow times in the off season, that is why so many of us offer discounts from Nov to Feb.
            We do
            And we love working on any orders, custom or standard, in the off season along with getting ready for Transworld.
            Kevin R. Alvey
            info at gore-galore.com
            www.gore-galore.com

sigpic

Comment

Noooooo... but I have this pile of money here.... What will I do with it?!

Actually that is part of what makes a great company- intestinal fortitude. Bravo!

Now... if you would just release your new goodies in December instead of March....
              How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

zombietoxin,
                I KNOW HOW TO HELP YOU SPEND THAT PILE OF MONEY.
                How about.... Place an off season order and get the best discounts we offer all year. And you can get that discount on the brand new product for 2014 too.
                TADAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
                Problem solved.

You know, what is great is our business has changed over the last couple years. We used to do ALL of our new product development in the off season. but now it happens ALL year long so when Nov rolls around most of the product for the upcoming year is already done.
                And it has more to do with Haunters being creative and trusting us to deliver something brand new and custom.
                Kevin R. Alvey
                info at gore-galore.com
                www.gore-galore.com

sigpic

Comment

Well if you didn't ...

...take so many vacations you could take in a lot more orders.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Kevin... I applaud your integrity!!! I have seen several companies tarnish their reputation because they take orders that they can't deliver in time.

I have a different way of running my business that works for me. I would never think of closing my season anytime before November 1st. It kills me to lose orders because we can't deliver ASAP all the way to the end. That's our mission... to be the place to get all the things you need when you need them. We're not there yet but that's our mission. What I do is scale up by adding temps when I need them and building inventory when slow. I can predict from prior year data an average of what I can expect to sell for certain items and build stock on those items in the slow times.

(Ok, don't kill me Mr. Customer...)
                    Demand is very high but delivery...mmm not so able right now. Maybe charge more = work less. People will still buy for higher because it's the bomb. Instead of selling an item for $1, sell it for $3 and make 1 third the items but make as much dough (my math is probably off but you get the idea .

Doug.
                    www.frightprops.com

[FrightProps Blog]
                    [Google+] [YouTube]
                    [Facebook] [Twitter] [Tumblr] [Pinterest]

sigpic

Comment

Ok I was joking

I have actually told him he NEEDS to take a vacation.

Wicked farmer

Comment

wickedfarmer,

I know I should, but when work is like vacation why get away from it.
                        I would rather spend the money I would normally spend on a vacation making improvements to my home. LOL
                        But the wife and I do have a plan to go to Hawaii for our 5th anniversary. I think that will suffice.
                        Kevin R. Alvey
                        info at gore-galore.com
                        www.gore-galore.com

sigpic

Comment

Doug,
                          the interesting thing to me is how diverse the haunt industry is.
                          You handle ALOT of supplies so it is great you can move product ALL the way up until the season is over.
                          PLus I do know you do make many items too.

However, Believe this or not, I have had an efficiency expert out here, and he had a long discussion about the best way for our company to operate. and it came down to what is called "Assemble to order" it is not cost or time effective to stock giant costumes or any products that are a major investment of money or labor, or any products made of latex because they break down over time. But most effective to do production runs of parts and pieces to assemble costumes and other products when we get an order. The main problem for us is the diversity of product. 1 year something sells great but the next we may sell none. and storage of those items if we did have inventory. We just don't have storage for it.

But this is what I didn't say about why we met our order deadline this year.
                          We received a huge contract with a theme park company. And that kind if locked out our schedule. This is something I worked close to 5 years on and finally had it happen.
                          Kevin R. Alvey
                          info at gore-galore.com
                          www.gore-galore.com

sigpic

Comment

I bet the wife isn't letting any body parts in the luggage either.

Comment

Maybe not, but she did think it was fun to allow me to bury this guy under our porch.
                              LOL
                              He will be there for decades to come.
                              And you can see him through the slats if you know to look for him.
                              I thought about lighting him so everyone could enjoy him that comes up on the porch.
                              Attached Files
                              Kevin R. Alvey
                              info at gore-galore.com
                              www.gore-galore.com

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X