Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Blood..

Hello Haunters!
    I know everyone uses blood for there haunt, so I thought Id let you all know what we just found out...
    12054_10151713532717230_1439970040_n.jpg

At midwest haunters convention we bought a bottle of Pale Night Productions Blood, and I hate to say this but we were VERY disappointed at the quality of it. If you put it on a costume or any prop it looks extremely fake. Kind of like a fire engine red paint bought from Walmart lol. We also tried putting it on plastic and its been over 4 days and it is still sticky/not dry...
    Don't get me wrong I love a lot of Pale Nights Products and we have 4 of there CGI effects in our haunt, but when it comes to there blood... I do not recommend it.

On a side note blood that Id give a great review about is..
    Larrys Hollywood Special FX Blood
    www.hauntedhousesupplies.com
    and
    Fright Props Blood!
    www.frightprops.com

Nic Miele
    General Manager
    The Massacre Haunted House
    "2012 Voted #1 Scariest Haunt In Illinois"- Hauntworld.com
    Last edited by Nic Miele; 07-15-2013, 03:55 PM.

Nic,

It sounds like something may be wrong with the bottle that you have. I have never had the blood not dry, the blood should never be sticky, and the color should be a rich red. We had an issue a few months ago with one of our suppliers that sent us a bad batch of one of the blood components. We realized the issue and thought we tracked down and replaced the bad batch, but we may have missed a bottle or two. Email us at sales@palenight.com and we'll get you a new bottle out right away to replace that one.

In the future, please contact us directly if you have an issue. I pride myself on always addressing customer issues and trying to keep all of our customers coming back again and again.
    Last edited by kpolley; 07-14-2013, 11:23 PM.
    Kip Polley
    www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
    We Engineer Fear

Comment

Sorry, but I had to do it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTTVx--i3m0
      http://www.bigscaryshow.com
      http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
        Sorry, but I had to do it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTTVx--i3m0
        ha ha I knew someone would :P

Also I sent an email to them at Pale Night yesterday and have not gotten a response yet.

Nic Miele
        General Manager
        Last edited by Nic Miele; 07-15-2013, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Nic, I just sent you a PM. Every time we try to send you an email it gets bounced back. I'm not sure why...

At any rate, If you can send us your shipping address as well as the size of bottle you bought, we'll get the replacement out in the morning. We're also sending a return label so you can send back the bad bottle for us to do some testing with to determine exactly what happened with that bottle.

Anyway, sorry about not being able to send it out today...technology is not being our friend today!
          Kip Polley
          www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
          We Engineer Fear

Comment

Nic,
            I have used kips blood.
            It really does sound like you got a bad batch or something.
            It NORMALLY dries in about half an hour. and is a deep rich red and nice and glossy and flexible.
            that doesn't sound right.
            Kevin R. Alvey
            info at gore-galore.com
            www.gore-galore.com
            www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
            www.youtube.com/goregalore13
            www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Bad Luck? lol

Thank you Kip for your excellent customer service.
              I guess I just have back luck when it came to pulling the needle out of the hay stack LOL
              And regarding the email, I have no clue whats wrong with it since I have been getting emails from others on there.
              Thats Interesting and is making me wonder if other emails are not coming threw. Ill look into it.

Kevin- Well if you used it and it worked good, then I must have gotten a bad batch. By the way, we bought a bunch of your new kitchen props at transworld and they are amazing! Can't wait to see what you guys come up with for next year!

Wednesday when I go to the shop, ill take some pictures of the costumes and props I used it on and post it here so you guys can see what im talking about.

Nic Miele
              General Manager

Comment

Wouldn't it be nice

Wouldn't it be nice if all customer complaints could be handled with this level of openess, communication and customer service??? I hope some take notice and follow your lead Kip. Most things can be corrected easily, just requires communication and follow up and follow through.

Comment

I would mention that we are selling blood and we have pre-mixed like 20 containers and they are ready to fly out the door. We are pretty surprised actually at how well these are selling we've probably already sold over 100 gallons of the stuff. We've even sold a few puke paints ... everything you saw in the Darkness this year was done with our paint and everything you saw in our videos this year was our paint.

My only big problem with making and selling the paint is that we are using materials that are much more expensive than all the rest and to keep competitive we are charging the same or a bit less. I will bet that our cost per gallon is tremendously higher than everyone else s but for me I want the most realistic stuff so its a trade off.

Everything we do when it comes to detail we want what is the best so if we sell something we want it to be the best... I would love for someone to buy all the blood paints out there and do a review. That would be awesome.

I know there are like 5 or more companies out there now selling blood paint. If anyone ever wants to do that I'll donate a bottle ... like a haunter consumer report! LOL

We have blood paint on the shelf ready to ship now order at www.hauntedhousesupplies.com

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President
                  www.HalloweenProductions.com
                  www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                  www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                  www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Nic,

The replacement is out today and you should see it tomorrow. This should remedy all your issues.

For everyone else, I'd also just mention that we always keep plenty of our blood in stock as well. Every once in a while we run out, but we try to always stay on top of it. Sometimes a huge order just wipes us out!

At any rate, please remember that we sell blood in 4oz, 8oz, 16oz, 32oz, 1 gallon, 5 gallon, and 55 gallon sizes so you can get just the right amount and also remember that, when you buy Perma-Blood, you are buying legitimate Hollywood blood paint since the blood has been used in production of the hit film Zombieland, the acclaimed television series The Walking Dead, and on a couple of projects by Eli Roth. Our blood is also used by many of the industry's biggest and best vendors like Distortions, Scarefactory, Poison Props, Haunted Enterprises, Haunted Props, DC Props, Dapper Cadaver, Midnight Studios, and more.

Lastly, I think it's clear in all the products we make that we use some of the highest quality components available and our blood is no different. We could make it cheaper, but we would have to sacrifice quality which we will never do. Don't settle for imitations. Buy the best.

And with that, I jump down from my selling soap box...
                    Kip Polley
                    www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
                    We Engineer Fear

Comment

Sound like..

All's well that end well.

Customer complaints tell companies how well their business is functioning, how well their employees and suppliers know their jobs, and where they need to focus more of their employee training efforts.

How companies handle their customer complaints tells the public how reputable a company is. If everyone had a chance to read how well a company handled a complaint, like the one addressed here in this thread, you'd see more people buying form that company.

My hats off to you Kip, hope everyone reads this and places their order.
                      Chris Riehl
                      Sales@spookyfinder.com
                      (586)209-6935
                      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
                      X