Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Haunted Mansion Closes

DISNEY HAUNTED MANSION CLOSED

There is a sign on the gates to Disney's Haunted Mansion Orlando that says CLOSED!

For the first time EVER Disney's Haunted Mansion has closed for total renovation, much like the Pirates ride. The ride will be closed until mid-September, or just in time for Halloween season. A huge re-opening party is planned, surrounded by Halloween festivities all October.

"It's going to be fabulous," said show producer Kathy Rogers of Walt Disney Imagineering. Disney plans to add new ghosts, update the technology and who knows what else. There is rumor that it will include some characters from their Movie starring Eddie Murphy. Disney also promised the overall storyline will not change.

For more information about Disney's Haunted Mansion visit www.disney.com
    Attached Files
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

See even the time honored attractions like the Mansion see a need to upgrade and improve!!!! (I'm just saying that to justify the $50,000 bill at Home Depot!!)

Was it just the Mansion at one of the parks or was it CA and FL?
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Just Orlando. I'm sure they're planning to attack the CALI park soon as well, but not to long ago they did some minor stuff to it... but it looks like these renovations will seriously upgrade the attraction. I personally can't wait!!!

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

From reading the title i began to worry that it was closing from good. Glad that it's only temporary.

Comment

Originally posted by undertaker View Post
          From reading the title i began to worry that it was closing from good. Glad that it's only temporary.
          Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
          Just Orlando. I'm sure they're planning to attack the CALI park soon as well, but not to long ago they did some minor stuff to it... but it looks like these renovations will seriously upgrade the attraction. I personally can't wait!!!

Larry
          The Disneyland Mansion also is closed about 2 months of the year for set up and tear down of "Haunted Mansion Holiday" An event that Florida doesn't have. I am sure the tear down of the overlay gives imagineers time to add upgrades and such.

Alot of the upgrade to the new mansion attic was done while the ride was still open, I think the ride was only closed a few days before the revealing of the new scene to make some final touches.

Florida's mansion also needs a sound system overhaul. The last time I was there the sound quality was decades behind the CA version. I could hear the narration from the doombuggies in front of and behind me better than the audio in mine.

I can't wait for the mansion to reopen, I look forward to seeing all the new additions.

-Happy Haunting
          PH
          www.HauntGraphics.com

Comment

Metinks ours will need a track replacement eventually. For some reason, every Disney Arrow track isnt aging well...so that will includ emajor rehabs to Matterhorn, Small World, Pirates, Jungle Cruise and the fantasyland rides....
            The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Working...
            X