Character creation ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Character creation ideas?

I'm gearing up to be a roaming actor this year at my haunt. I've played this character all of last year, but he was in our cage maze, not our cue line... so I'm working on adjusting him to better fit his new role. His body looks loosely like Jeff Walker's "Fluffy" from Statesville, though he is in no way based on him (I cannot for the life of me find a picture of my character's body). I'll put up a pic or two of the face. Basically it's a high energy animal based character. I incorporate my slider history into his character and wear pads under his straight jacket and pants but I'm wondering what else can I do with him to make him more "roaming" material?1.jpgphoto.PNG
    Thanks!

does he talk? How long do people wait in line at your haunt? Non spoeaking characters have a shelf life, after the scares fade and the cell phone pics are taken there is not much left. find a way to entertain and you will be useful for longer periods of time.
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

He's never HAD to talk before considering the maze was the loudest area in the haunt...any words would be lost in the SFX of the room. I suppose he could if I worked on him. The wait line varies per night but it's usually between 30-60 minutes from box office to entrance on fridays and saturdays and 15-30 on thursdays and sundays.

Comment

Screen Some Old movies

The Silent ones, watch what you can do without ever speaking a word. Yes, it all has been already figured out for you, before 1928!
        Carry a small sign saying "I'm looking for my tongue, could you help me?"
        Grunts and other odd sounds can also convey different feelings and even emotions too.
        Last night we were watching on-line videos of this incredible talking Parkeet! Have one sewn to your shoulder, talk for him as you remain mute(d).
        Create a large, flat button have it attached to the back of your costume, in large letters have this painted on it:"MUTE BUTTON!"
        Have a phoney but realistically sized latex tongue sticking out of your mouth, have numerous impalings stuck through this "Tongue!" There's you silent excuse!
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
        X