Anyone Know Where???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Know Where???

Where can I get a good price on 4"x4" electrical box enclosures for mounting controlers and sound boards in.
    Lowes and eveywhere else is very pricey....

Thanks in Advance,
    Charlie
    Last edited by Darksidestew; 08-04-2013, 06:28 PM.

43 people looked at this and cant help me out, really?

stew

Comment

Those are the only places I buy from for that stuff, as I get 10% military discount.. You DO realize that many people who are on this forum simply pay companies to do all of this, or their employees handle all of the electronic equipment, right? Everything is expensive anymore.

Comment

I hear ya. Thanks nightmare...

Stew

Comment

Have you considered a DIN rail setup? I'm working with a local here for their setup, and it requires no fancy box, as everything mounts to the rail itself....

Comment

26 years ago, everytime I went shopping

Whatever I went there to buy , they had raised the price on, and I was going there at least every week!
            I fianlly decided to put it all "right" in my own mind and emotions by telling myself something like this: Once the electrical wire is installed and done, how long will it function and how much work will it save me?
            Even if my "time" was very un-priced, it stil saved me tons of effort and released my mind to think of other new things I had to be doing.
            I see many former Haunt patrons thinking twice about what a ticket goes for to see a haunted house too.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darksidestew View Post
              43 people looked at this and cant help me out, really?

stew
              That makes me not want to answer, but:

I have put together hundreds of control boxes. My first stop for enclosures is Radio Shack. The boxes are of decent quality, and they are available locally most of the time. When I need large quantites, I order them in the store and get free shipping. http://www.radioshack.com/family/ind...goryId=2032276

I also use these boxes alot, as I like the flange mount design. http://www.polycase.com/surface-mount-dc-series

For larger projects, I use the the plastic water proof Carlon brand boxes from Lowes or Home Depot, although I get them a little cheaper from my local industrial electrical supplier when I need a dozen or more at a time.

Doing the project right is never cheap unfortunately.
              Brian Warner
              Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
              Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
              Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Exactly what I was looking for...Thanks Brian

stew

Comment

Electrical supply distribution stores normally can give you a good price.

Comment

Wholesalers

Radio Shack is my first stop. Wholesale electronic distributors are a good option as well. I look online for this kind of stuff because I can find it cheaper (and more selections) than locally. If you have your Federal tax ID, buy wholesale!
                    Travis "Big T" Russell
                    President
                    Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Thanks Everyone!

Stew

Comment

Working...
                      X