Becoming an actor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Becoming an actor

Hi I'm new to the forum. I'm from St Louis an have always wanted to be a monster in a haunted house! How do you get started into something like this or to practice being scary or acting to get a job in one?

What tips would you recommend?

you already have the advantage.

Over some others since "You have always wanted ".(to be the Monster in a haunt.) Desire can be 90% of any undertaking and can energize and empower you to overcome physical exhaustion to keep you going, doing more because you love doing it and feed off of the customer's reactions, and you better enjoy it all you can since it is "seasonal" (Except in my house The Ravens Grin Inn"-OPEN every night)
    Show up for work. Do what you are told to do. Ask how much if any improvising they will allow since you are just beginning they might not want any freelancing on your part until they get to know you better.
    Avoid any and all employee dramas, no employer ever needs or wants this.
    I do what I do here and really have little clue to what goes on in an October/only haunt as far as "acting" goes, but your exposure to any customer will usually be a very brief thing, just mere seconds...
    I am at the complete opposite end of such things talking, storytelling, acting, entertaining, scaring people for the entire time we are open.
    I am almost never at a loss for words as far as subject matter/material is concerned . There is So Much I can talk about here, and most people do find most of it interesting.(Or Frightening!)
    I have been open almost every night , I have owned this haunted, haunted house for 26 years, a great number of strange, funny, and interesting events have happened here, and still do.
    Good Luck pursuing your Dream! It WILL HAPPEN.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Tons of haunts in your area are looking for help right now. pick a haunt whos style you like and apply. sure, do it online but also Go there-find someone-and get started! they might even want help building scenes and such.
      This may help also
      Allen H
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Trans World Haunt Convention is right there in St Louis and I do believe there may be a class or two that you may want to take this next next March. I think maybe one by Allen Hopps. The classes are not listed yet but keep a watch for them. Any time you can get input from other people it will help you grow as a actor. I know I have been approached by actors and one of my big turn offs is the guy who thinks he already knows how to act and does not think they need training. Be open to input and learn from every actor you encounter, you can learn just as much from a bad actor as a good. Knowing what not to do is more important than trying to to do too much.
        Phatman

Comment

Thanks for the input guys!

I'm actually looking to do this haunt season coming up. But thanks for the heads up about Transworld.

Comment

If you live near Columbia, MO then you may want to give Greg Allen a call at Fearfest Haunted House, all I know is I have been dealing with him for a while and he is a stand up guy. He may be looking for actors.

http://www.fearfesthauntedhouse.com/
            (573) 446-3327
            Phatman

Comment

Actually I'm in St Louis, about 10 minutes from Larry's Creepyworld Haunt.

Comment

Working...
              X