No announcement yet.

Just starting out - in need of some direction please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As many times as the "How do I get started?" question has been asked, maybe one of the moderators could add a sticky thread to the top of the forum?? Then we could refer new people to that thread, and keep it going with everyone's great ideas?
    Haunt: DARK REALMS

Day job: Game Composer/Sound Designer

My "geek rock" band: Legendary nOObs

Comment

So here we go, I am a home haunter and have been for over 10 years now. I haunt on Halloween and only Halloween, but like most I have dreams of haunting at a little bit bigger level.

I once tried approaching the local city officials to see if they would allow me to use some of their wooded trail to start haunting. I sat down with the parks director and told him what I wanted to do and I was basically laughed at. So they have left a bitter taste in my mouth.

I have also managed to haunt as a commercial haunt with a local farm business who knew nothing about haunting and then got stomped on, so they too have left a bitter taste in my mouth.

And I have been looking for a charity or non profit to work with, but so far I have not been able to locate one that was willing to help or get their fingers dirty.

BUT I DO KNOW IT'S POSSIBLE so like me don't give up!!!

Mr. Haunt

Comment

i find urban areas much friendlier to haunters then rural or suburban areas
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blood...32305403537000

Comment

charity

you have to be smart about it a charity can stomp on you just as hard on you unless you get all the terms out there in writing in the first place. been there. think of everything including damage to your equipment and props. been there not fun the made a lot of money and I lost a lot.

Comment

Working...
          X