Need black light fixtures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need black light fixtures

Looking for working blacklight flourescent bulbs and fixtures. If you have some lying around...we got cash.
    Capt.Chaos
    Fear Asylum Haunted House
    Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

You might want to look into a local supplier only because shipping + insurance might be much more costly in the long run than buying new.
    Zach Wiechmann
    www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Blacklights

I have a 4ft shop light fixture with 2 UV tubes in it I need to get rid of.
      image.jpg

Comment

Buy New

Spencer's, Wal-Mart, K-Mart.. I've never had a lot of luck with used florescent fixtures.
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Originally posted by rfsystems View Post
          Spencer's, Wal-Mart, K-Mart.. I've never had a lot of luck with used florescent fixtures.
          took the words out of my mouth id try Spencers first to be honest

Comment

I really like the Chauvet Shadow LED black light fixture but if you're looking for quality on the cheap, Lowes/Home Cheapo carry 4ft long tubes for like $10/ea NEW and both carry a $15-ish fixture that they will fit, regular wall outlet, and you end up covering a LOT of space with the double fixture and two 4' long tubes. It comes to a whopping $35 per fixture and it's new and you know it'll work.

I've also had good luck with hardwiring LED UV bulbs, single LED's i should point out, directly to a long run of wire. You can do this with UV led's to spotlight a specific piece/actor, or can use regular RGB led's and hardwire them in as well (and yes you can mix up the kinds you use on the same length of wire), and run essentially your entire haunt with $1 single LEDS, a spool of wire, and a car battery. Much safer and more reliable if you do it right. I prefer it because I would charge the car batteries during the day, and feel comfortable knowing higher end props that require more electricity will run safely and smoothly on the circuit they are on, (all these little lights add up, whether you use fixtures/bulbs/whatever) so I try and be as conservative as safely as possible. Hell, last year I ran a DMX board to a ton of lights I use for uplighting at weddings and stuff, and just programmed each lights color and flicker individually and ran the entire haunt off of one board with each major light daisy chained (and yes, daisy chaining uplights is actually beneficial and not dangerous, they're made to connect to eachother safely....in reference to the Electro 86 LED's and other similar lights).

Either way, go new if you can on black lights, you never know, and there's plenty of fast and low cost solutions out there.

Comment

Black lights

Thanks everyone! I got a big box store to donate all the lights and bulbs for a sponsorship opportunity. That saved me $1k

Buck
              Capt.Chaos
              Fear Asylum Haunted House
              Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

Working...
              X